All mobile devices are identified by an electronic serial number (ESN) or a mobile equipment identifier (MEID).
An ESN is an 11-digit number. An ESN in hexadecimal, or hex, is represented by eight characters that are numbers and letters. The first digit is always one of A-F.
- Example of ESN: 12345678901
- Example of hex ESN: A0123456
An MEID is always hexadecimal, represented by 14 characters that are numbers and letters. The first digit is always one of A-F.
- Do not confuse the letter O with the number 0 (zero). Always use a zero. Only letters A-F are in an ESN / MEID.
- Some devices may display the ESN or MEID under the battery, below the battery, on the back or bottom of the device.
- Please see your device manual for details on how to safely remove the cover on the back of the device.