BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and DALLAS — Verizon Wireless, builder and operator of the nation's most reliable wireless network, and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) announced that the Samsung Glyde(TM) will be available on May 9, 2008, online at www.verizonwireless.com and in more than 2,400 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores from coast to coast, including those in Circuit City. The Glyde is a powerful and sleek multimedia and messaging phone that boasts a robust feature-set packaged in a compact, touch-screen device with a full QWERTY keyboard.
The Glyde features a 2.8" advanced touch-screen that offers a tactile response and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard that provides customers with an easy way to send text and instant messages. This multimedia device comes equipped with a full lineup of Verizon Wireless' hottest services including V CAST Music and Video. With V CAST Music, customers have access to more than 3 million songs from well-known and independent artists that can be purchased and downloaded directly over-the-air to the Glyde. V CAST Video gives customers access to content from the best names in news, sports and entertainment.
Other features include a 2.0 megapixel camera with flash, microSD card slot, which supports up to 8 GB of external memory, and Bluetooth® stereo headset support.
Additional features of the Glyde include:
- HTML browser with touch navigation
- Get It Now® download games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
- 2.0 megapixel camera and camcorder with flash and zoom:
- Brightness adjustment
- Self-time: Off, three, five or 10 seconds
- Color effects: Normal, black and white, sketch, antique, negative, green, aqua
- Multi-shot Mode: Series, divided
- Resolution Adjustment: 1600 x 1200, 1280 x 960, 1024 x 768, 640 x 480, 320 x 240, 176 x 144
- VZ Navigator(SM) capability get visual and audible directions to thousands of destinations, locate businesses and other points of interest, get maps of a location, and share directions with others
- Music Player for .mp3, .wma, and unprotected .aac and .aac + files
- Bluetooth supports headset, hands-free car kits, serial port, dial-up networking, advanced audio distribution (stereo), phone book access, object push for vCard, basic imaging for sending/printing non-protected images to a compatible device and basic print
- Text, picture and video messaging
- Instant Messaging using AIM®, MSN®, Yahoo!®
- Speed dialing
- Dimensions: 4.09" x 1.97" x .7" (standard battery)
- Weight: 4.13 ounces (with standard battery)
- Display: 240 x 440 pixel, 262K TFT, 2.8" active screen area
- Bilingual user interface: English and Spanish
- Hearing Aid Compatibility = M4
- Personal organizer with calendar, calculator, notepad, currency converter, alarm clock, world time and stop watch
- Phone book with up to 500 entries with multiple contacts
- Usage time: Up to 210 minutes with standard battery or up to 250 hours with standard battery for standby time
- 2.5 mm headset jack
The Glyde will be available for $249.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers can get the most out of their Glyde with Verizon Wireless' Nationwide Premium calling plan. Starting at $79.99 monthly access, the Nationwide Premium calling plan includes: unlimited messaging, VZ Navigator, Mobile Email, and V CAST VPak plus unlimited megabytes for Mobile Web and Get It Now. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, customers can visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 67.2 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets and telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsungwireless.com.
About Samsung Electronics
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2007 consolidated sales of US$103.4 billion. Employing approximately 150,000 people in 134 offices in 62 countries, the company consists of five main business units: Digital Media Business, LCD Business, Semiconductor Business, Telecommunication Business and Digital Appliance Business. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, memory chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.