BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and DALLAS — Just in time for the holidays, Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile)1 announced the Samsung Omnia™ will be available for order online at www.verizonwireless.com and in business sales channels beginning Nov. 26. The Samsung Omnia’s advanced touch screen, customizable user interface and Windows Mobile 6.1 capabilities are powered by the nation’s most reliable wireless network ensuring that customers can browse the Web and access their e-mails quickly and reliably. It will be available through all sales channels including Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on Dec. 8.
The Samsung Omnia is an all-in-one smartphone with state-of-the-art features, including Samsung’s innovative TouchWiz™ user interface which has specially designed widgets to customize and personalize the way customers use the phone. These bright and colorful icons provide a one-touch access point to customers’ favorite and most commonly used applications and features. The Samsung Omnia also features a full on-screen QWERTY keyboard for fast text messaging, mobile IM and e-mail messages. The haptic feedback on the touch screen provides subtle vibrations to confirm selections; and an optical mouse provides easy navigation with the swipe of a finger. The Samsung Omnia supports Opera 9.5 Mobile Browser for a smooth Web browsing experience.
With Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, customers have access to a powerful personal computing experience in a slim, compact device. Microsoft Outlook Mobile keeps customers connected to e-mail, schedules and contacts; and Office Mobile enhances productivity with the ability to manage Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents – all while on-the-go.
The Samsung Omnia is enhanced by a high-quality 5.0 megapixel camera with digital zoom and power LED flash, camcorder, stereo Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi technology that helps customers capture special moments and stay connected to friends and family anytime, anywhere.
Key features and capabilities of the Samsung Omnia from Verizon Wireless include:
- Full HTML Web browser with touch navigation
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
- Access to multiple e-mail accounts with Microsoft Direct Push for corporate users
- Over-the-air synchronization of contacts, calendars and task lists with Microsoft Exchange Server
- Supports Microsoft’s System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 that provides customers with software distribution capabilities and security-enhanced access to company data while they are away from the office
- Access to VZAppZone – downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers and more
- Playback of MP3 files
- VZ Navigator(SM) capability – get visual and audible directions to thousands of destinations, locate businesses and other points of interest, get maps of a location and share directions with others
- Text, picture and video messaging
- Mobile IM using AIM®, MSN®, Yahoo!®
- Bluetooth profiles supported: headset – mono and stereo, hands-free (car kits), object push for vCard, basic imaging and phonebook access profiles
- 5.0 megapixel camera and camcorder with flash and zoom
- Face Detection – centers on a face when taking a picture
- Panorama, split shot and anti-shake camera settings
- SmileShot – enables the camera to detect when a person is smiling and automatically takes a picture when in the SmileShot mode
- Wi-Fi technology (802.11 b/g)
- Support for Divx and Xvid movie files
- Personal organizer with calculator, calendar, alarm clock, world clock, stop watch and notepad
- Dimensions: 4.41” (l) x 2.24” (w) x 0.52” (d) with standard battery
- Weight: approximately 4.34 ounces
- Display: 3.2” display
- Usage time: up to 346 minutes with standard battery or
- Standby time: up to 464 hours with standard battery (subject to environmental and other factors)
Verizon Wireless has priced the Samsung Omnia for $249.99 after a $70 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, customers can visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers should call 1-800-VZW-4BIZ or contact their Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 70.8 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 71,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets and telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsungwireless.com.
About Samsung Electronics
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2007 consolidated sales of approximately US$105 billion. Employing approximately 150,000 people in 134 offices in 62 countries, the company consists of four main business units: Digital Media Business, LCD Business, Semiconductor Business, and Telecommunication Business. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, memory chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
1. Samsung Mobile is proud to provide ENERGY STAR-qualified power adapters with its mobile phones and accessories. ENERGY STAR qualified products use less energy, save money, and help protect the environment. Products that have earned the ENERGY STAR meet strict energy-efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the US Department of Energy.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.