PLANO, TX — As communication needs continue to evolve, Verizon continues to break new ground to meet the demand of North Texas consumers. Verizon Wireless is opening a new location in Plano, which offers consumers a high-tech and hands-on experience with voice, data, music and video products and services in a sleek, full-service environment.
Verizon Wireless employees and the Plano Chamber of Commerce will kick-off the grand opening festivities at the new Communications Store, located at 2101 Preston Rd., with a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Friday, Oct. 23 at 9:45 a.m. During the ceremony, Verizon Wireless will present a donation to Hope's Door in support of its dedication to helping to break the cycle of domestic abuse. Hope's Door provides direct prevention and intervention services to Collin County families.
Plano residents are invited to visit the store and see the latest in wireless technology including popular devices like the new global 3G BlackBerry® Tour and the Motorola Entice W766. Customers can also check out popular services such as VZ Navigator(SM) a location-based service offering maps, audible driving directions, traffic updates, gas station locations and pricing, and the newest Push to Talk technology.
The grand opening celebration will continue with special offers and activities on Saturday, Oct. 24, including:
- Any phone $49.99 or less is FREE with new two-year activation (available Oct. 23-25)
- First 10 to sign up to a five-line deal will receive $100 per line, up to $500 cash
- Waived activation ($35 value)
- 25 percent off all accessories
- Live radio broadcasts including:
- The Big 96.3 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Jay Novacek and the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- ESPN radio from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Radio Disney from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- 106.1 Kiss FM from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m
- Register-to-win drawings include:
- Nintendo Wii game console
- Family four-pack of AMC movie theater tickets
- Pairs of tickets to a professional Dallas football game
The new Plano store features the new "evolution" design, which integrates a number of innovative systems and operational enhancements designed to streamline the sales process and increase customer satisfaction. Among the store's new features are:
- More than 75 working models of handsets, AirCards and other devices for customers to handle and test
- Oversized high-definition plasma screens showcasing the latest wireless multimedia applications such as V CAST and Get It Now®
- A greeter kiosk that allows customers to check in electronically, browse the store and then visit with a representative who already has the customer's account background and reason for visit keyed up on the customer service computer
- A bright, open demo bar where customer interaction is guided by product-savvy sales staff, allowing customers to get a sense of the look and feel of a broad range of equipment and services
- A bill payment kiosk that allows customers to pay their bills quickly and easily using checks, cash or credit/debit cards
- Customer service and technical support departments, making it easy for customers to get account information, customer service and address technical issues from trained in-store staff
"We're please to open our newest Plano location, allowing more customers to be hands-on with a wide range of products and services," said Frank Antonacci, region president for Verizon Wireless. "We continue to invest in our local network, stores and the local community in an effort to provide North Texas customers with a positive wireless experience every day."
The Plano store also includes a kiosk where consumers can sign up for Verizon's cutting-edge FiOS services, powered by Verizon's all-fiber optic network. FiOS Internet delivers download speeds of up to 50 Mbps (megabits per second) and upload speeds of up to 20 Mbps. FiOS TV offers more than 500 total channels in North Texas, including more than 125 high-definition (HD) channels, more than any traditional cable TV company in the area. Customers can bundle FiOS with traditional phone service for additional savings and can receive a unified bill with Verizon Wireless service for greater convenience.
The store hours for the new Plano store are Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday, 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, please contact store manager Christopher Chapman at 972-403-3277.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.