BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and DALLAS, TX — Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), announce the availability of the Samsung Convoy, a rugged Push to Talk device with military specifications built to withstand the harshest of elements. The Convoy's high-quality stereo speaker, extended battery life and multiple messaging options make it the ideal device to stay connected in the toughest conditions.
Available color: Charcoal grey
- Rugged, durable and robust design
- Meets military specifications 810F standards for shock and dust resistance, vibration, salt fog, humidity, solar radiation, altitude and low and high temperature storage
- Push to Talk capabilities that leverage Verizon Wireless' Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) Revision A (Rev. A) network for fast two-way communications to get jobs done quickly and efficiently
- High-quality stereo speaker
- 1300 mAh for long battery life
- VZ Navigator(SM) Allows customers to get audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest and share the directions with others
- 2.0 megapixel camera with Night Shot, panorama, color effects and more
- Bluetooth® version 2.1 wireless technology
- Support for headset (mono and stereo), hands-free, dial-up networking, serial port, object push (vCard and vCalendar only), basic image, basic printing and phonebook access
- Personal organizer with calendar, tip calculator, currency converter, notepad, alarm clock, world clock and stop watch
Price and availability:
- The Samsung Convoy will be available Nov. 15 for $49.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement with Verizon Wireless. Customers will receive the mail-in rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Verizon Wireless customers can add Unlimited Push to Talk for $5 per month per line to any qualifying Nationwide voice plan.
- Customers can purchase the Samsung Convoy beginning Nov. 15 at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores or online at www.verizonwireless.com. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR'S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the Samsung Convoy in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving 89 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets and telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsungmobileusa.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2008 consolidated sales of US$96 billion. Employing approximately 164,600 people in 179 offices across 61 countries, the company consists of two business units: Digital Media & Communications and Device Solutions. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, memory chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
Samsung Mobile is proud to provide ENERGY STAR-qualified power adapters with its mobile phones and accessories. ENERGY STAR-qualified products use less energy, save money, and help protect the environment. Products that have earned the ENERGY STAR meet strict energy-efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy.