BASKING RIDGE, NJ — From the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Novatel Wireless today announced its work with six OEMs for embedded LTE modules that take advantage of the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network.
Novatel Wireless' embedded 4G LTE Expedite E351 module has been integrated with a wide variety of mobile computing, mobile Internet and media platforms with six OEM partners, including Cisco, Consert, Dell, HP, SerComm and TouchTunes, to work on Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network. At CES, Verizon Wireless will show how consumers and enterprises can take advantage of its 4G LTE network and how the up to ten-fold increase in data speed from 3G allows for new and enhanced functionality and implementations. Novatel Wireless' Expedite E351 module is part of the following implementations showcased at the Verizon Wireless LTE Innovation Center at CES:
- Mobile Gaming Laptop that is customized for hardcore ultra-mobile gamers featuring laptop personalization, 720p resolution, an 11-inch screen, and a gaming apps client.
- Interactive Media Center providing an interactive entertainment, advertising and commerce network, reaching and engaging consumers online and in-venue where they socialize, dine and shop.
- Standalone LTE-enabled camera provides an out-of-box monitoring solution for remote security and monitoring.
- Intelligent utility energy distribution and management that provides intelligent energy distribution and management of utilities networks, extending utility and consumer visibility into the home's energy profile.
- Enterprise Tablet that provides enterprise customers mobility and flexibility with a multi-touch gesture, portable tablet with HD voice and video phone station for unified communication and collaboration.
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network, launched in December 2010, is the fastest, most advanced network in the United States, providing speeds up to 10 times faster than Verizon Wireless' 3G network. Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network currently reaches one-third of all Americans, with plans to expand the network to the company's entire 3G coverage area over the next three years.
The solutions showcased with Novatel Wireless' embedded modules are a result of collaborations fostered at Verizon Wireless' LTE Innovation Center. The LTE Innovation Center, established in 2008, provides an environment for diverse companies to work together to develop innovative products that leverage 4G LTE technology.
The 4G LTE demonstrations will be highlighted from Jan. 6-9 in Verizon Wireless' booth (#35216 in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center) at CES. For more information about the LTE Innovation Center and Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network, visit www.verizonwireless.com/lte.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's fastest and most advanced 4G network and largest and most reliable 3G network, and serves more than 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 80,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Novatel Wireless
Novatel Wireless, Inc. is a leader in the design and development of intelligent wireless solutions based on 2G, 3G and 4G technologies providing wireless connectivity. The Company delivers specialized wireless solutions to carriers, distributors, retailers, OEMs and vertical markets worldwide. Novatel Wireless' Intelligent Mobile Hotspot products, software, USB modems, embedded modules and smart M2M modules provide innovative anywhere, anytime communications solutions for consumers and enterprises. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Novatel Wireless is listed on NASDAQ: NVTL. For more information please visit www.novatelwireless.com. (NVTLG)
© 2010 Novatel Wireless, Inc. All rights reserved. The Novatel Wireless name and logo, and Expedite are trademarks of Novatel Wireless, Inc. Other Company, product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.