A new video from Verizon Wireless entitled “How To: Manage Usage With Usage Controls from Verizon Wireless” on the VerizonWirelessTV YouTube™ channel and in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library explains how customers can harness the power of Usage Controls to help monitor and manage their wireless lives. Verizon Wireless representatives describe how customers can utilize Usage Controls to easily monitor or control wireless usage – voice, messaging, content purchases and data – for each line of their accounts.
Easy to set up and manage in My Verizon, Usage Controls help customers keep a tight rein on their accounts’ usage with:
- Usage Allowances – Families or individuals can control wireless budgets with monthly usage allowances on each controlled line for voice minutes, messaging, data and content purchases such as ringtones, games and downloads. They’ll receive free text message alerts when limits are nearing and when they are reached. Once the allowance is reached, there is also an option to restrict usage.
- Time Restrictions – Parents can set times of the day or days of the week – such as school hours or late at night – to prevent family members from calling, messaging or accessing data. Trusted contacts can always communicate.
- Blocked Contacts – Customers can block communications with unwanted contacts.
- Trusted Contacts – Customers can always allow communications with trusted contacts, even with Usage Controls restrictions. Calls to 9-1-1 are always trusted.
- 911 Notification – Account owners receive an automatic text message when a line on their account assigned to Usage Controls makes an emergency 9-1-1 call.
In addition to Usage Controls, Verizon Wireless offers several tools and services to help families stay in control of their wireless experience, including age-appropriate Content Filters and Service Blocks, which are available without charge. Parents can learn more at www.verizonwireless.com/usagecontrols.
There are other videos explaining tools Verizon Wireless customers can use to manage their wireless lives, including:
- “It’s Easy To Track Your Wireless Usage,” which highlights easy ways for customers to check and monitor usage.
- “Tips For Traveling Overseas,” which features tips for customers on how to prepare their phones for overseas travel and manage their data usage outside of the United States.
- “Managing Wireless Access: Content Filters,” which showcases Content Filters that allow customers to make sure wireless content is age-appropriate.