ORANGEBURG, NY — Wireless phones improve safety on roads and highways by providing drivers with a direct line to emergency services personnel. To ensure that the roads are safe for all drivers, and in recognition of Wireless Safety Week May 19 - 26, Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile is providing safe driving tips for all wireless customers.
"Approximately 50,000 calls a day are made to emergency services from wireless phones," said Rick Conrad, president of Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile's New York/New Jersey Metro region. "Whether it is used to report crimes in the act, accidents or drunk drivers, wireless communications contribute to our safety, security and quality of life. We encourage all wireless users to use their phones wisely and safely."
Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile offers these simple safe driving tips:
- Safe driving is your first priority. Always buckle up, keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.
- Be a cellular Samaritan. 9-1-1 is a free call for wireless customers. Use it to report crimes in progress or other potentially life-threatening emergencies, accidents, or reckless driving.
- Make sure that your phone is easy to see and easy to reach. Be familiar with the operation of your phone so that you're comfortable using it on the road.
- Use a hands-free microphone while driving. A mount can be installed on your dashboard to hold your portable phone while you drive.
- Use the speed dial feature to program frequently called numbers, or use the voice-activated dialing feature, TalkDialsm*, to make calls simply by pressing " * SEND" and speaking your party's name or number.
- When traveling with passengers, have someone else do the dialing for you.
- Dial 411 and Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile's InfoAssistsm** will directly connect your call. No need to write down the number or redial.
- Pull off the road if you need to write something down.
- Let calls go into voice mail when it is unsafe or inconvenient to answer the phone in your car.
* There is a monthly fee for TalkDial service.
**There is a per call charge for InfoAssist.
Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile is the largest wireless service provider on the East Coast and the second largest in the United States. The company owns and operates the most extensive network in the east, covering 111,000 square miles, and the largest chain of wireless retail outlets offering a full range of wireless personal communications services, including voice, data and paging. Based in Bedminster, NJ, Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile has 4.6 million customers and 6,500 employees in the Northeast, mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and, through a separate subsidiary, in the Southwest. The company was formed in July, 1995, by combining the cellular operations of Bell Atlantic Mobile and NYNEX Mobile. For more information visit the company's Home Page at www.banm.com.