Bedminster, NJ —
Click to Download
Verizon Wireless customers can choose from among a wide variety of communities to quench their The Lord of the Rings appetite, including:
- My Precious - Chat about the power of The Ring and all it entails.
- Elven Chat - For the most serious of The Lord of the Rings fans; chat in the Language of the High Elves of Valinor - no other languages allowed!
- Middle-earth Shall Not Perish - Share favorite sayings and phrases from the trilogy.
- LOTR Lore - Try a hand at writing a haiku about the movie.
- The Adventure Continues - Share information regarding the buzz surrounding the release of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
Verizon Wireless customers can also participate in two The Lord of the Rings text messaging contests: The Quest for Knowledge trivia game tests fans' knowledge of The Two Towers, while The Two Towers Hidden Message game sends scrambled messages to the player's phone each day. Both contests run through January 31, 2003 and all participants are automatically entered to win The Lord of the Rings prize packages and the latest Verizon Wireless phones and award-winning service. No purchase is necessary and entrants must be 18 years old. For official rules and additional details, visit www.verizonwireless.com/lotr.
The Lord of the Rings enthusiasts can pay as they go for $0.02 for each message received and $0.10 for each message sent, or select from bundled plans for $2.99 per month for 100 messages, $3.99 per month for 200 messages and $7.99 per month for 600 messages sent or received. Verizon Wireless Prepay service customers can also join The Lord of the Rings excitement - prepay customers with text messaging-capable phones can send and receive messages for just $0.05 each.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 31.5 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com.
Motion Picture Copyright 2002 New Line Productions, Inc. The Lord of the Rings, and the names of the characters, events, items and places therein, are trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises under license to New Line Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.