The most popular applications are ring tones-reinforcing the trend for personalization. Since the launch of Get It Now, two ring tone providers, ModtonesTM from Faith West Inc. and Moviso RingsterTM, have consistently topped the list. Top performing songs include movie themes and hip hop, but customers can choose from a broad range of tunes from pop to the classics to blues. But the bottom line is, many customers are designating different songs to unique callers so their wireless phones reflect their musical preferences and personality.
The rest of the top ten list of downloaded applications is regularly filled out by games, with one noted exception: dotPhoto PictavisionTM-a cool application that lets customers download, view and share digital photos. And while access to e-mail is important-Soda-Pop MailTM ranks within the top 15-Get It Now customers have decided having fun with their phones is what it's all about. To make it easier to navigate the heavily populated Get Games category, Verizon Wireless has divided it into sub-categories: Sports Games, Classic Games, Puzzle Games and Casino Games.
New applications recently launched include: EverQuest®: Hero's CallTM, a game where players fight off wizards, dragons and knights from the deepest dungeons; Tom Clancy's Splinter CellTM, a thriller game where the player is a secret government agent fulfilling desperate missions; Top GunTM Air Combat, an action game pitting fighter aircraft against enemy MiGs; MovieGoer, a resource for movie fans to find reviews, movie listings, show times and more; and Logitech® Mobile Video(TM), which lets customers view images from Web cameras using their wireless phones.
The list of top applications since the launch of Get It Now is as follows:
- 1. ModtonesTM - Select from hundreds of polyphonic ring tones that rock from Faith West Inc.
2. Moviso RingsterTM - Choose from hundreds of ring tones from leading entertainment companies.
3. JAMDAT Bowling - Practice your aim and feel the thrill of achieving a strike.
4. dotPhoto PictavisionTM - Download photo wallpaper and view photos that you have uploaded to dotPhoto.com.
5. Wheel of Fortune® - Be a contestant on one of America's most popular game shows from Sony Pictures Digital Networks.
6. JAMDAT Solitaire - Play one of four fun card games, from traditional solitaire to variations including Runaround, Take 20 and Two Close.
7. JAMDAT Casino - Indulge in the excitement of a full-featured casino with slot machines, blackjack and video poker.
8. The Lord of The RingsTM: The Two Towers - Win battles in a game based on the second movie in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Published by JAMDAT.
9. JAMDAT Football - Dodge, sprint and high-step your way to the end zone for the winning touchdown.
10. EA SPORTSTM Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® Golf - Pebble Beach - Play golf like a pro.
"With Get It Now, we have seen the wireless phone morph from a sole voice communications tool into an entertainment and life-accessory device," said Jim Straight, vice president of wireless data and Internet services for Verizon Wireless. "With more demands placed on us to constantly deliver increased productivity, Get It Now applications can provide a brief respite from the pressures that surround us. Let's face it, sometimes we'd just rather play Wheel of Fortune than participate on that conference call."
With a Get It Now wireless phone from Verizon Wireless, consumers nationwide can download games, entertainment and productivity applications over the air onto their phone. Prices vary depending on the number of applications downloaded and the applicable download charges; free demonstrations are available on many applications so customers can try before they buy. Airtime is used during the selection and download process, and during the use of many applications after download. Get It Now-enabled phones are available in more than 1,200 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, at participating RadioShack stores, or on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 33.3 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com.
About Get It Now
Get It Now service from Verizon Wireless expands a wireless phone into an entertainment device that can also increase personal productivity. Customers with Get It Now-capable phones can download applications over the air and purchase them from their phones. Get Games and Get Fun keep customers entertained, while Get Going applications, made for today's mobile lifestyle, offers restaurant location services with maps, directions and more. View and share digital photos with Get Pix or identify incoming callers by assigning a unique ring with Get Tones. A variety of license-pricing options from a free demonstration to single use to monthly subscriptions are available.