OVERLAND PARK, KS — Based on the findings of the company's local team of real "Can you hear me now?" Test Man experts, Verizon Wireless, the nation's leading provider of wireless communications, has recently improved the digital service offered to its customers in the Kansas City area.
As a result of the upgrades to and expansion of Verizon Wireless' network in the area, the company's customers will experience clearer reception and fewer dropped calls. The improvements are part of the company's yearly multi-billion dollar nationwide network investment designed to stay ahead of the growing demand for Verizon Wireless' voice and data services.
Across the country, the real Test Men and Test Women travel the streets and highways of their assigned markets on a daily basis testing the company's network with $250,000 in sophisticated equipment installed in their vehicles. The tests discover areas where calls are likely to drop or not be completed, so that corrections and improvements can be made to the company's network coverage.
"Our television Test Man, with his signature 'Can you hear me now?' inquiry, represents our company's commitment-we never stop working for you," said Mark Crumpton, president Kansas/Missouri Region, Verizon Wireless. "We're focused on further improving our already outstanding network with the goal of providing our customers with the clearest calls possible and ensuring they never drop a call."
Recent network upgrades and expansion of the network have taken place in the following Kansas City-area locations:
- Verizon Wireless Amphitheater: Concertgoers will notice improved coverage within the entire grounds of this venue.
- University of Kansas: Significant additional capacity has been added to the cell sites that provide coverage to the university and in the surrounding Lawrence area. These cell sites can now support 33% more simultaneous calls. The additional capacity insures that calls continue to go through successfully during peak busy periods as traffic in this area grows.
- Kansas City, Mo.: Additional cell sites within the city boundaries provide increased signal in the areas near the intersection of Paseo/Linwood and around St. Luke's Hospital.
- Blue Springs, Mo.: A new cell site near the Interstate 70 and Woods Chapel Road interchange provides improved coverage along the interstate and in surrounding areas of Blue Springs.
- Leavenworth County, Kan.: Eight new cell sites in Leavenworth County enable Verizon Wireless to offer service for the first time on the company's network along the much-traveled Interstate 70 between Kansas City and Lawrence, Kan. Also, with these new sites we now provide service in the cities of Leavenworth and Lansing, Kan., as well as along portions of highways 73/7 and 92 surrounding those two metropolitan areas.
- Lenexa, Kan.: The digital signal has been increased within Lenexa in the area surrounding the intersection of Pflumm/79th.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 33.3 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com.