CARBONDALE, IL — Based on the findings of the company's local team of real "Can you hear me now?" Test Man experts, Verizon Wireless, the nation's leading provider of wireless communications, has recently improved the digital service offered to its customers in southern Illinios.
As a result of the upgrades to and expansion of Verizon Wireless' network in the area, the company's customers will experience clearer reception and fewer dropped calls. The improvements are part of the company's yearly multi-billion dollar nationwide network investment designed to stay ahead of the growing demand for Verizon Wireless' voice and data services.
Across the country, the real Test Men and Test Women travel the streets and highways of their assigned markets on a daily basis testing the company's network with $250,000 in sophisticated equipment installed in their vehicles. The tests discover areas where calls are likely to drop or not be completed, so that corrections and improvements can be made to the company's network coverage.
"Our television Test Man, with his signature 'Can you hear me now?' inquiry, represents our company's commitment-we never stop working for you," said Mark Crumpton, president Kansas/Missouri Region, Verizon Wireless. "We're focused on further improving our already outstanding network with the goal of providing our customers with the clearest calls possible and ensuring they never drop a call."
Recent network upgrades have been made and the network has been expanded in the following locations in southern Illinios:
- Southern Illinois University: Significant additional capacity has been added to the cell sites that provide coverage for the university and in the surrounding Carbondale area. These sites can now support 50% more simultaneous calls. The additional capacity ensures that calls continue to go through successfully during peak busy periods as traffic in this area grows.
- Dongola: A new cell site provides improved coverage in the vicinity of Dongola as well as nearby stretches of Interstate 57.
- De Soto: A new cell site here provides coverage improvements to the town and along nearby Highway 51.
- Mill Shoals: A recent cell site addition increases coverage surrounding Mill Shoals and along portions of Interstate 64.
- Southeastern Illinois: An expansion of the digital footprint in southeastern Illinois was recently completed. The benefits of digital coverage are now available to a large area including Brookport, Cadiz, Equality and Herod.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 33.3 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com.