ATLANTA and BEDMINSTER, NJ — It's fresh, it's hip, it's easier than ever to use, and it's from the nation's leading wireless provider, Verizon Wireless. Get It Now® a virtual store that lets customers download a selection of more than 300 applications including games, productivity tools, information services, ringtones, wallpaper and more is now even easier for customers to access. Verizon Wireless adds new Get It Now applications weekly, which are all accessible to customers' Get It Now-capable wireless phones in virtual shopping aisles.
Get It Now already has a devoted following; customers download more than five million applications every month, and new applications are added each week (see top 10 games and ringtones listings below). So whether it's testing their knowledge with The New York Times Daily Crossword, joining the battle for Middle-Earth with games based on The Lord of the Rings trilogy, or out-maneuvering other players in Tetris® Tournament for Prizes, Verizon Wireless customers can do just about anything with their wireless phones even compete against one another.
Get It Together With more than one million games played in the first ten weeks, new multi-player games, where players compete against each other for prizes and fun, are some of the hottest applications today. These multi-player games Tetris® Tournament for Prizes by Blue Lava Wireless and Solitaire for Prizes, Prize-21 for Prizes, Switchix for Prizes and Golf Solitaire for Prizes, all by Atlas Mobile, Inc. have met with instant popularity across the nation, especially in regions throughout California, New Jersey, New York, Maryland and New Mexico (see top communities listing below).
Get It Fresh New applications are introduced every Wednesday, so customers can keep their handsets up to date with the latest releases. New applications announced this week include:
- Attention discount shoppers! Receive an Overstock.com 'Daily Deal' notification with exclusive deals from the vast Overstock.com inventory, including a product picture and description, and a simple method of purchasing the product.
- It's time to rock out Download a wide variety of media with Sony Music Box, including actual music clips from sound recordings (Music Tones), digital voice tones, polyphonic ring tones and wallpaper images.
- The 80's are back Personalize a phone with Pactones, PAC-MAN®-themed ring tones, including the theme song and sounds from the original arcade game and other hit games, as well as urban hit songs.
- Hang ten like the pros Access surf reports and forecasts from across the globe with Surfline MOBILE.
Get It Easily Get It Now offers a selection of more than 300 applications, organized to help customers find what they want, when they want it. With virtual shopping aisles including getGAMES, getTONES, getGOING, getPIX, getFUN and getMESSAGING, it's easier than ever for customers to jump right to the applications that suit their interests. Verizon Wireless has also added a "What's New" category for customers who want to see the newest additions to the Get It Now lineup. Get It Inexpensively Get It Now gives consumers simplified pricing. Airtime charges apply when browsing, downloading and using certain applications. Download charges for applications vary and are priced as follows:
- getIM, getEMAIL and getBROWSING $4.99 monthly access plus airtime
- getTONES, getGAMES, getFUN, getMESSAGING, getGOING, and getPIX Download charges vary by application, airtime charges apply
- getALERTS and getTXT 10¢ per message sent and 2¢ for each message received, or bundled pricing of $2.99 per month for 100 TXT Messages and TXT Alerts, $3.99 per month for 200 TXT Messages and TXT Alerts or $4.99 per month for 500 TXT Messages and TXT Alerts sent and received.
Get It Here Verizon Wireless products and services are available in more than 1,200 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, at participating Circuit City and RadioShack locations and on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. Customers need a Get It Now-enabled handset and Verizon Wireless digital service. For more information on Get It Now, visit www.verizonwireless.com/getitnow.
Top 10 Get It Now Games
- 1. Tetris®
2. Bowling by JAMDAT
3. Wheel of Fortune®
6. Ms. PAC-MAN®
7. EA Tiger Woods Tour PebbleBeach
8. Finding Nemo
9. Football by JAMDAT
10. Solitaire by JAMDAT
Top 10 Get It Now Ringtones
- 1. Modtones
2. Ringster 2.0
7. Sony Music Box
8. YMobile Tones
9. Disney Magic Kingdom Collection
10. Lord Of The Rings Tones Player
Top 20 Communities for Multi-player Games
- 1. San Bernardino, California
2. New York City
3. Central New Jersey (Elizabeth, Basking Ridge, Somerville, Bridgewater)
4. North New Jersey (Jersey City, Hackensack)
5. Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley)
6. South Central and Central Coastal California (Ventura County, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo)
7. New Mexico
8. Southern California (Los Angeles)
9. North and Central Orange County, California
10. Southern California (Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, West Los Angeles)
11. North New Jersey (Newark, Paterson, Morristown)
12. Long Beach, California
13. Detroit, Michigan (and surrounding suburbs)
14. San Diego, California
15. Northwest Ohio (Toledo)
16. Central New Jersey (Toms River, New Brunswick, Bound Brook)
17. Western Maryland (Silver Spring, Frederick, Camp Springs, Prince George's County)
18. Southern California (San Diego North County to Sierra Nevada)
19. Southern New Jersey (Trenton)
20. Nevada (Las Vegas, Clark County)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 37.5 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To receive broadcast-quality video footage of Verizon Wireless operations, log onto www.thenewsmarket.com/verizonwireless.
About Get It Now
Get It Now from Verizon Wireless puts a virtual software store inside a wireless phone. Customers with Get It Now-capable phones can download applications over the air and purchase them from their phones. getTXT, getIM and getEMAIL help customers stay in touch and communicate with others. getGAMES keeps customers entertained, while getGOING applications, made for today's mobile lifestyle, offers restaurant location services with maps, directions and more. View and share digital photos with getPIX, check out Web cams with getFLIX or identify incoming callers by assigning a unique ring with getTONES. getALERTS keeps customers informed while getBROWSING lets them access the Web from their wireless phone.
Get It Now is a registered trademark of Verizon Wireless.