Verizon Wireless, the nation's leading wireless service provider
VNR and B-Roll about Verizon Wireless' network performance during recent hurricanes across Florida and the Gulf region. Images and commentary includes:
- Residents discuss their success in placing calls using Verizon Wireless service despite destruction caused by the hurricanes
- Verizon Wireless' Frank Wise, network director in the Florida/Gulf region, discusses preparations taken prior to the storms to keep the network strong
- Verizon Wireless' Katherine Greene, gulf coast region president, speaks about the reliability of the network and Verizon Wireless' additional hurricane relief efforts
- Images of Verizon Wireless' preparations at network sites
- Images of residents placing calls at Verizon Wireless Emergency Communications Centers
- Images of Hurricanes and post-hurricane destruction
The VNR and B-Roll can be found at www.thenewsmarket.com/verizonwireless (under Media Assets)
Available beginning Friday, September 24, 2004
Verizon Wireless deployed hundreds of technicians and equipment to Florida and the Gulf region before, during and after Hurricanes Charley, Frances and Ivan to ensure the continued operation of its wireless network. In addition, Verizon Wireless has helped thousands of residents and emergency crews throughout the regions by donating wireless phones and equipment to federal, state and local emergency responders, and setting up Emergency Communications Centers (WECCs) to enable residents to contact loved ones, insurance companies and/or disaster relief agencies.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 40.4 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To receive broadcast-quality video footage of Verizon Wireless operations, log onto www.thenewsmarket.com/verizonwireless.