SAN DIEGO, CA and BEDMINSTER, NJ — Today Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones announced the launch of the new LG VX6100 camera phone, the next generation of the best-selling LG VX6000 handset. The LG VX6000 was the first Verizon Wireless handset to feature an integrated camera, and the LG VX6100 takes that innovation one step further. Equipped with an embedded camera with flash, this handset is truly the phone for customers who never want to miss a moment. The one-touch dedicated camera function lets users take pictures even when the phone is closed, and the camera's protective lens cover keeps picture quality clear, even after months of use. With the handset's image adjustment features, photographers can customize and perfect their photos, including adjustments like white balance, color effects andresolution and file quality options.
The LG VX6100 also features speaker phone, voice command capabilities and driving mode features, making the phone the perfect next step for those mobile phone users who love their cameras, but are looking for something more in their handset. The LG VX6100 supports all the latest offerings from Verizon Wireless, including Mobile Web 2.0, the enhanced online access service that allows customers to more easily access the latest news, tools and information from more than 30 content providers, read and send email. Available from select phones, including the LG VX6100, Verizon Wireless' Mobile Web 2.0 is packed with new features and enhancements, including new graphics, easier navigation, clickable headlines and premium content. The LG VX6100 is also Get It Now®-enabled, offering customers even more options in an already full-featured device. Get It Now provides access to downloadable applications including games, ringtones, productivity tools and more.
"With the new VX6100, LG has taken all the features that customers loved about the VX6000 and built on that foundation with new innovations," said Jon Maron, director, marketing communications at LG Mobile Phones. "The result is a phone that blends the great features and design of the past with the latest technical advances, and provides the user with the utmost in handset refinements."
The LG VX6100 is available for $99.99 after $50 mail-in rebate on a 2 year customer agreement at more than 1,200 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores nationwide, participating Circuit City and RadioShack locations, or on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. For more information on Verizon Wireless' products and services, visit www.verizonwireless.com. For more information on LG Mobile phones, visit www.lgusa.com.
Additional features of the Verizon Wireless VX6100 by LG include:
- Tri-Mode 1.9 GHz CDMA PCS 800 MHz CDMA/AMPS
- Length: 3.56" x Width: 1.90" x Depth: 0.94"
- Weight: 3.88 oz
- Internal 256K Color TFT LCD Screen, 128 x 160 Pixels, 11 Lines
- External 4 Grayscale STN LCD Screen, 96 x 64 Pixels, 3 Lines
- Battery: 1,000 mAh Li-Ion - Digital Talk Time: Up to 3 Hours*
- Standby Time: Up to 150 Hours*
- CMOS VGA Digital Camera with Flash and 4x Digital Zoom
- Photo Gallery with 60 photo capacity
- External Backlit LCD and Mirror for Self-Portraits
- White Balance Adjustment: Auto, Sunny, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Darkness
- File Quality Adjustment
- Color Effects Adjustment: Normal, Antique, Black & White, Negative
- Resolution Adjustment: 160x120, 320x240, 640x480 Pixels
- Brightness Adjustment
- Shutter Sound Adjustment: Shutter, Chime, No Sounds
- Multishot Adjustment
- Self Timer: 5 or 10 seconds
- 1xRTT Voice & Data Capable
- Mobile Web 2.0<sup>SM</sup> -- customizable, enhanced online access**
- Get It Now Capable -- download games, ringtones, wallpapers and more**
- Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) -- send and receive messages comprised of a combination of text, sounds and photos**
- Enhanced Messaging Service (EMS) -- send and receive text messages with graphics and sounds**
- Two-Way Short Messaging Service (SMS)**
- Media Folder -- store downloaded pictures, sounds, graphics, animations and more
- Speaker-Independent Voice Recognition -- make calls and access other essential features
- Voice Commands: contacts, digit dial, redial, voice mail, driving, schedule and time
- Driving Mode -- activates speaker phone and voice commands for safe, hands-free operation
- Speaker Phone
- Manner (Vibrate) and Silent Mode
- Customizable Ringer and Caller-ID
- 41 Unique Ringtones
- Polyphonic Ringer and Sound Capability (CMX MIDI format)
- Personal Organizer: Calendar with Scheduler, Voice Memo (up to 4 minutes), Notepad
- Speed Dialing (98 Entries + 1 Default for Voicemail)
- Tools: Alarm Clock, EZ Tip Calc, Calculator, World Clock
- Address Book with 499 contacts -- each stores 5 numbers, 3 e-mail addresses and photo caller-IDVOI C E/AUDIO
- Customizable Display Options: Banner, Backlight, Screens, Menu Style, Clocks, Theme Colors, Contrast, Fonts and Language
- Full-Color Internal Display
- 5-Way Navigation Key
- TTY/TDD Capable
* Battery time will vary depending on personal usage and system transition
**Verizon Wireless service required, airtime and other service fees apply. Product features subject to change.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless owns and operates the most reliable nationwide wireless network, serving 42.1 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To receive broadcast-quality video footage of Verizon Wireless operations, log onto www.thenewsmarket.com/verizonwireless.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. was established in 1958 as the pioneer in the Korean consumer electronics market. The company is a major global force in electronics and information and communications products with more than 64,000 employees working in 76 overseas subsidiaries and marketing units around the world. With annual total revenues of more than US $16.9 billion (non-consolidated), LG Electronics comprises three main business companies: Digital Display & Media, Digital Appliance, Telecommunication Equipment & Handset. The LG Telecommunication Equipment & Handset Company provides total solutions ranging from wired and wireless handsets to telecommunication equipment. The company is a leader in the innovation and development of cutting-edge technologies in next-generation wireless telecommunications and is steadily expanding its global market share in 3G (WCDMA/cdma2000) wireless systems.
LG Electronics' goal is to enable the intelligent networking of digital products that will make consumers' lives better than ever. For more information, please visit www.lgusa.com.