WHAT: B-Roll illustrating the handset testing process, including:
- Lou LaMedica, director of CPE evaluation and development for Verizon Wireless, discussing:The rigorous approach to device testing on the Verizon Wireless network
- How computers collect and use data during the testing process
- An involved "roaming" test
- Additional sound bites
- Images of lab technicians testing devices
- Introduction to "HAL," a high-tech mannequin for testing devices
- Wireless games testing with an accompanying explanation of BREW (Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless), the technology behind the company's popular Get It Now service
- A demonstration of WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) testing, the technology behind the company's Mobile Web 2.0 service
WHERE: The B-Roll can be found at http://www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia
WHEN: Available immediately
BACKGROUND: Verizon Wireless has a dedicated team of employees who regularly test every handset and device to ensure each meets Verizon Wireless' quality standards. The company is offering to the media B-Roll illustrating Verizon Wireless' rigorous handset testing process.
Brenda Boyd Raney
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 43.8 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.