MINNEAPOLIS, MN — Get on the road, America. Summer is around the corner, and that means road construction, car trips with the family and (eek!) high gasoline prices. To help reduce those costs, rely on your wireless phone to get you where you need to go using the least amount of gas.
Below are some tips to get you started:
- Find the Lowest Priced Gas. Everyone has done it-filled up the tank only to find cheaper gas down the road. Avoid this annoyance by using the web browser on your wireless phone to access websites such as www.gasbuddy.com to look up the cheapest local gas prices.
- Get Directions. Lost on your way to an important meeting? Having good directions can save gas when you're not sure how to get somewhere. Verizon Wireless customers can access driving directions through Verizon's SuperPages On the Go.
- Find the Nearest ATM, coffee shop, 24-hour wedding chapel. Search for nearby businesses on Verizon's SuperPages On the Go and access driving directions from your location.
- Get Traffic Reports. Use your Verizon Wireless Get It Now®-enabled wireless phone to download applications that deliver real-time traffic reports, automatic alerts and maps to help you avoid road construction and traffic accidents. Verizon Wireless customers also can sign up for text traffic alerts through www.vtext.com and pre-set their travel times and route locations.
- Get Weather Reports. Check out any treacherous weather conditions Mother Nature might throw your way before you drive right into them. By signing up for weather alerts from www.vtext.com, Verizon Wireless' automatic text alert system, you'll know when to pull over for a cup of coffee and avoid gas-guzzling, weather-related highway delays.
- "Honey, what do we need at " Multiple trips to the grocery, pharmacy and convenience stores can lighten your wallet when gas prices soar. Instead, call home and ask if milk is low or if dry cleaning needs to be picked up.
Get It Now is Verizon Wireless' virtual store with more than 500 applications available for download, including SuperPages On the Go. Customers need a Get It Now-enabled handset to browse and download content. Downloading applications is a pay-as-you-go choice, clearly labeled by the content provider. For example, SuperPages on the Go is $1.25 for daily use or $2.49 per month for unlimited usage, a small price to when you consider how much you'll save in gas costs.
To register for TXT Messaging alerts, Verizon Wireless customers simply log in to www.vtext.com, Verizon Wireless's TXT Messaging companion Web site. Customers can pay as they go for text traffic alerts, which are just $0.02 for each message received, or select from monthly bundled plans, starting at $2.99 per month for 100 TXT Messages.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 45.5 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, N.J., Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To receive broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.