SAN DIEGO and BEDMINSTER, NJ — Verizon Wireless, the nation's leading wireless service provider, and LG Electronics MobileComm (LG Mobile Phones) announced the July 15 availability of the LG VX8100 phone, the latest handset designed by LG Mobile Phones to take full advantage of Verizon Wireless' high-speed EV-DO (Evolution-Data Optimized) network. Available exclusively to Verizon Wireless customers, the VX8100 is optimized for V CAST, the nation's first and only wireless broadband multimedia service for consumers that allows them to view high-quality video clips from major news, sports and entertainment outlets, play 3D games and download rich multimedia content all with their wireless phones.
Packing a variety of advanced features into its sleek and stylish clamshell case, the VX8100 represents the ultimate combination of utility and entertainment. In addition to its high-speed data capabilities, the VX8100 boasts advanced Bluetooth® wireless technology for certain profiles, enabling users to connect wirelessly to a variety of Bluetooth-enabled devices including headsets and many new vehicles. Additionally, the VX8100 is among the first wireless phones available in the United States to offer the flexibility and convenience of removable MiniSD memory, allowing Verizon Wireless customers to view user generated digital pictures and video clips on their wireless phones. The VX8100's dual external stereo speakers ensure that audio is crisp and vibrant, and the handset's 1.3 mega-pixel digital camcorder enables users to capture all of life's special moments in vibrant detail.
"Without question, the VX8100 represents the absolute pinnacle of today's mobile technology innovation," said Mr. Juno Cho, president, LG Electronics MobileComm. "In concert with the advanced features packed into the VX8100, Verizon Wireless' EV-DO network and its outstanding V CAST service give mobile phone users access to a whole new world of rich multimedia content, right at their fingertips. More and more, mobile phones are evolving into portable media hubs, providing users with access to information, entertainment and communication; the VX8100 represents a huge step forward in that evolution."
In addition to the capabilities of the VX8100 to access to Verizon Wireless' EV-DO wireless broadband network and V CAST multimedia service, the phone boasts a mega-pixel digital camera and all the must-have wireless phone features that users have come to expect from LG, including speaker phone, a 500 contact phone book that stores up to five phone numbers and two e-mail addresses per contact, 72-chord polyphonic sound, personal organizer and more. Designed in a sleek silver and blue clamshell, the VX8100 has the accelerated style to match its advanced capabilities.
The VX8100's long list of multimedia capabilities also include Video Messaging, allowing Verizon Wireless customers to take up to 15 seconds of video with the integrated 1.3 mega-pixel camera and send their clips to other Verizon Wireless video-capable phones or to an e-mail address. Other mobile media features include Mobile Web 2.0SM capability, mobile Instant Messaging (IM), Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) and Enhanced Messaging Service (EMS).
Additional features of the Verizon Wireless LG VX8100 include:
- 1.9 GHz CDMA PCS, 800 MHz CDMA (Digital Dual-Band)
- EV-DO High-Speed Data Connectivity and V CAST Service �
- Memory: 64MB Flash/32MB SRAM
- Dimensions: 3.58" (H) x 1.92" (W) x 1.03" (D)
- Weight: 4.16 oz.
- Internal 262K Color TFT Display (176 x 220 Pixels, 11 Lines)
- External 65K Color TFT Display (128 x 128 Pixels, 7 Lines)
- Standard Battery 1,000 mAh Li-Ion
- Usage Time Up to 3.7 Hours** - Standby Time Up to 6.8 Days**
- MiniSD External Memory Port to Store Pictures, Videos (MiniSD card sold separately)
- Bluetooth Capable (v1.1)
- Dual Speakers for Stereo Sound and Full-Duplex Speakerphone
- Mobile Web 2.0 customizable, enhanced online access�
- Get It Now® Enabled download games, ring tones, wallpapers and more�
- Video Messaging send and receive 15-second videos�
- 1.3 Mega-pixel CMOS Camera with Flash with up to 8x Digital Zoom*
- Save up to 100 15-Second Video Clips (15 Frames/Second)
- Video Format: 3g2 (Viewable with Apple® QuickTime® 6.5), Resolution: 176 x 144 Pixels
- Save up to 100 Photos (4MB)*
- Video/Camera Self-Portrait Capability with Flip Closed
- Camera Resolutions: 1280 x 960, 640 x 480, 320 x 240, 176 x 144, 160 x 120 Pixels
- Self Timer: 3, 5 or 10 second
- Brightness, White Balance, Shutter Sound, Color Effects Adjustments and Night Mode
- Speaker-Independent Voice Recognition
- Voice Commands (Call Someone, Digit Dial, Voicemail, Missed Calls, Messages, Time & Date)
- Voice Memo Recorder (1 Minute Each; Up to 200 Memos Total)
- 15 Unique Default Ring tones or Download More�
- Multimedia (Video/Graphical) Ring tone Support
- External USB Capable
- English and Spanish Language Support
- Customizable Wallpaper, Banner, Backlight, Display Themes and Fonts
- 5-Way Navigation Key/Blue Backlit Keypad
- Calendar with Scheduler, Alarm Clock, Notepad, World Clock, Calculator, Ez Tip Calc
- Speed Dialing (99 Entries)
- TTY/TDD Support
The LG VX 8100 will be available for $149.99 after $50 mail-in rebate with a two-year customer agreement at more than 1,900 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores nationwide, Circuit City stores or on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com.
*Depends on image resolution.
**Certain features may use more power and cause actual standby and usage time to vary.
�Verizon Wireless service required. V CAST service is not available in all areas. Product features subject to change. Features based on carrier program availability.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 45.5 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (Korea Stock Exchange: 06657.KS) is a global force in electronics, information and communications products with 2004 annual sales of US $38 billion (consolidated). With more than 66,000 employees working in 76 subsidiaries in 39 countries around the world, LG Electronics is comprised of four main business companies including Mobile Communications, Digital Appliance, Digital Display, Digital Media.
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is the world's leading manufacturer of WCDMA (UMTS), CDMA and GSM handsets, and the fastest growing manufacturer of mobile phones worldwide. The company provides a total range of wired and wireless solutions, and is rapidly establishing a global presence as it cultivates international market share in 3G handsets. For more information please visit www.lgusa.com.