SAN DIEGO AND BEDMINSTER, NJ — Verizon Wireless, the nation's leading wireless service provider, and LG Electronics MobileComm (LG Mobile Phones) invite customers to register to purchase the new multimedia LG VX9800 handset before its official introduction in October. Beginning today, Verizon Wireless customers can register for the VX9800 by logging on to www.verizonwireless.com.
Available exclusively to Verizon Wireless customers, the VX9800 uses advanced wireless technology and design to offer a complete multimedia entertainment experience along with the latest in wireless phone communication. Whether streaming news and sports video highlights on Verizon Wireless' V CAST service, downloading and watching crystal clear V CAST video clips from the hottest names in entertainment, or listening to favorite songs through the phone's MP3 player and stereo speakers, customers will notice that the VX9800's overall design typifies the latest in wireless technology.
The VX9800 features the coolest trends in mobile communications including Bluetooth® technology for certain profiles and a 1.3 megapixel integrated camera and camcorder. Easy to use external memory capability means customers can purchase a MiniSDTM memory card and use it to play their own MP3s, or transfer digital pictures, music files and video clips easily from PCs to their wireless phones.
The VX9800 comes equipped with a full QWERTY keyboard for easy access to messaging applications and VZEmail with Wireless Sync that lets customers send and receive e-mail directly from their VX9800s. With Wireless Sync, customers can get new e-mails, calendar, contact and task information sent to their VX9800s as long as the PC is left on. Wireless Sync also allows for synchronization with POP3 and IMAP e-mail accounts so customers can stay connected to friends, family and business contacts all with one device.
"The VX9800 represents the ultimate convergence of today's most innovative mobile technologies and brings the very latest advances in wireless entertainment and handset design together for a complete multimedia experience," said Mr. Juno Cho, president, LG Electronics MobileComm. "An evolution in wireless phone technology, the VX9800 represents a giant step forward for both LG and Verizon Wireless in our quest to bring next-generation multimedia entertainment and communications tools to today's cutting-edge customers."
In addition to its mobile media and advanced communications capabilities, the VX9800 also includes some of the most advanced mobile phone features available to wireless phone users today including:
- Internal LCD Display: 262K Color TFT, 320 x 256 Pixels, 15 Lines
- External LCD Display: 65K Color TFT, 160 x 128 Pixels, 9 Lines
- QWERTY Keyboard for Easy Messaging
- Unobtrusive Internal Antenna
- Bluetooth-Capable compatible with devices that support the headset, hands-free, and/or dial-up networking profile(s); pair up to 20 Bluetooth-capable devices; send vCard via Bluetooth (some Bluetooth profiles not supported)
- EV-DO High-Speed Data Connectivity�
- V CAST-Capable stream and download video clips (15 fps) with high-speed EV-DO technology�
- Mobile Web E-mail easy access to Hotmail®, AOL® or Yahoo!® e-mail accounts�
- VZEmail Wireless Sync e-mail �
- Get It Now®-Capable download games, ring tones, wallpapers and more�
- Mobile Web 2.0SM Capable�
- Mobile Instant Messaging (IM)� o PIX and FLIX Messaging Service (MMS) send and receive messages with text, sounds, photos or videos�
- Enhanced TXT Messaging (SMS/EMS)�
- MP3 Player with Customizable Equalizer
- Dual Speakers for Stereo Sound
- MiniSD Memory Port to Store Pictures*, Videos*, Sounds** and MP3 Music
- 1.3 Megapixel CMOS Camera with Flash
- Business Card Reader
- Record 15-Second Video Clips (15 fps)
- Save up to 315 Videos @ 176 x 144 or 153 Videos @ 320 x 240 Pixels
- Video (Camcorder) Format: 3g2
- Camera Resolutions: 1280 x 960, 640 x 480, 320 x 240, 176 x 144, 160 x 120 Pixels
- Zoom: Up to 4x (varies by resolution)*
- Save up to 365 Photos @ 160 x 120 or 16 Photos @ 1280 x 960 Pixels
- LCD Dual Mode for Self-Portraits
- Close-up Mode for Photos at Close Range*
- Self-Timer: 3, 5 or 10 seconds
- Customizable Brightness*, White Balance*, Shutter Sound, Color Effects, Photometry and Orientation (Portrait/Landscape)
- Night Mode
- Text to Speech (English)***
- Full-Duplex Speakerphone
- Advanced Speaker-Independent Voice Recognition (English & Spanish)
- Voice Commands: Call Someone, Digit Dial,Voicemail, Missed Calls, Messages, Time & Date
- Voice Memo Recorder (1 Minute Each; Up to 200 Memos Total)
- 72-Chord Polyphonic Ring Tone Support
- 15 Unique Default Ring Tones
- Personal Organizer: Calendar with Scheduler, Alarm Clock, Notepad
- Tools: World Clock, Calculator, Ez Tip Calc
- Speed Dial (98 Entries + 1 Voicemail Default)
- Address Book with 1000 Contacts each stores 5 numbers, 2 e-mail addresses and picture ID
- External USB Capable
- Vibrate and Silent Modes
- TTY/TDD Support
- Hearing Aid Compatible (M3-Rating)
- Standalone Mode (RF Off)
- English and Spanish Language Support
- Frequency: 1.9 GHz CDMA PCS, 1.5 GHz GPS, 800 MHz CDMA (Dual-Mode)
- Dimensions: 4.57" (H) x 1.97" (W) x 1.00" (D)
- Weight: 5.19 oz.
- Memory: 128 MB Flash/64 MB SRAM
- Standard Battery: 1,300 mAh Lithium Polymer
- Usage Time: Up to 4.16 Hours*
- Standby Time: Up to 8.3 Days*
The LG VX9800 will be available beginning on September 26 for $299.99 after $50 mail-in rebate with a two-year customer agreement at www.verizonwireless.com. On October 1, the LG VX9800 will also be available for $299.99 after $50 mail-in rebate with a two-year customer agreement in more than 1,900 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores across the country and at Circuit City locations.
�Verizon Wireless digital service and subscription required. V CAST service is not available in all areas. About Verizon Wireless About LG Electronics, Inc. LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is the world's leading manufacturer of WCDMA (UMTS), CDMA and GSM handsets, and the fastest growing manufacturer of mobile phones worldwide. The company provides a total range of wired and wireless solutions, and is rapidly establishing a global presence as it cultivates international market share in 3G handsets.
For more information please visit www.lge.com.
*Adjustments available in both camera and video modes.
*User-generated pictures and videos only, not from downloads.
*Certain features may use more power and cause actual standby and usage time to vary.
**Voice memos and sounds received via MMS.
***May not be available with all features.
Verizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 47.4 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
LG Electronics (KSE: 06657.KS) is a global leader in providing cutting-edge, convergent electronics, information and communications products designed to meet the diverse needs of fast-changing consumers. With consolidated sales of US$37.7 billion and overseas sales of US$ 32.6 billion (86% of total sales), LG Electronics employs more than 70,000 employees in 76 subsidiaries located in 39 countries and operates four business units including Mobile Communications, Digital Appliance, Digital Display and Digital Media.
About Verizon Wireless
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is the world's leading manufacturer of WCDMA (UMTS), CDMA and GSM handsets, and the fastest growing manufacturer of mobile phones worldwide. The company provides a total range of wired and wireless solutions, and is rapidly establishing a global presence as it cultivates international market share in 3G handsets.
For more information please visit www.lge.com.