BEDMINSTER, NJ — For on-the-go people who never have the time to watch the news, shop for a gift or search for a new restaurant, Verizon Wireless has infused its Mobile Web 2.0 SM service with more compelling content than ever to help its customers stay informed, entertained, productive and on top of their to-do lists. The nation's leading wireless provider announced today nearly twenty new applications for Mobile Web 2.0 that, combined with its classic offerings, give business travelers, shopaholics, game enthusiasts, sports fanatics, foodies and others immediate access to indispensable tools and resources right at their fingertips.
The new Mobile Web 2.0 applications, all now available on Mobile Web 2.0-capable handsets, bring all types of information to the handsets of customers whatever their job, hobbies or interests may be, including:
- "Desperate Housewives" and "Lost" Mobile Entertainment Mobile entertainment based on content from ABC television's runaway hits
- GoComics from m-Qube Daily comic strips of favorite titles sent to customer's Mobile Web 2.0-capable phones
- Daily Dilbert from FunMail Popular Dilbert comic strip delivered daily to the customers' Mobile Web 2.0-capable phones
- Fookie/PetPals from Cutless Daily fortunes and a specially designed photo album of pet pictures from around the world
- Celebrity World from FoneStarz Up-to-the-minute celebrity world news and information service
- Mobile O from Overstock.com Search, browse and make purchases on Overstock.com
- Gift Tree from mPoria Comprehensive mobile store for gifts and flowers
- EB Games from mPoria Buy new, not-yet-released and pre-played video games
- Prima Cheats and Codes Newest, expert video game codes and cheats
- Local Wireless from Local Solutions Network Latest in local news, weather and sports
- OAG Key2Travel Travel information and updates
- Setanta's World of Sport In-depth coverage and analysis of international sporting events
- Zingy, Inc. Local entertainment information applications: Vindigo Restaurants, Vindigo Movies and FilmFan
- ZAGAT To Go Pricing and other essential information for thousands of restaurants, nightspots and more
- DVD Review from G3 Studios Leading source for DVD information and reviews
- MobileGates New map-based applications including MobileGates Traffic, FuelFinder and StoreFinder
"Mobile Web 2.0 is a trusted destination for people who want up-to-the-minute Web-based content via their Verizon Wireless phones," said John Stratton, vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. "Working with a large number of high-quality content providers allows Verizon Wireless to offer our customers the widest variety of compelling content currently available."
Longtime Mobile Web 2.0 customers know the value of classic Mobile Web 2.0 content such as Amazon.com, CNN, ESPN, The Weather Channel, Sports Illlustrated, Elle Astrology and E! Online, and they have come to count on the service for helping them make the most out of their time on-the-go.
Customers need a Mobile Web 2.0-capable phone to access Mobile Web 2.0 content. Mobile Web 2.0 can be self provisioned, eliminating the need for customers to call customer service or visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store to sign up for the service. Customers simply register for Mobile Web 2.0 on their Mobile Web 2.0-capable handset and get access to information and content right from their wireless handsets. Mobile Web 2.0 is available for $5.00 monthly access, plus airtime. Premium application fees may apply and are added to the $5.00 Mobile Web 2.0 monthly access cost.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 49.3 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.