LITTLE ROCK, AK — Verizon Wireless has recently constructed eight new advanced digital cell sites to provide the best wireless service for businesses, residents and visitors to central Arkansas. The new sites, activated in May and June, process both voice calls and wireless data traffic and are designed to enhance existing coverage in the state.
To meet the growing demand for its voice and data services, Verizon Wireless has activated 127 cell sites in Arkansas since the company's launch into the state last year. Verizon Wireless has invested $30 billion - on average $5 billion every year - since the company was formed six years ago to increase the coverage and capacity of its national network and to add new capabilities.
"The goal of Verizon Wireless is to provide the best experience for our customers and we do that by investing to expand and enhance our network," said Lee Maschmann, executive director of network for Verizon Wireless. "These eight new sites are part of an extensive plan to meet the growing voice and data needs for Arkansas consumers on a daily basis."
As part of its commitment to provide customers with the most reliable service, Verizon Wireless activated the following cell sites in Arkansas in May and June 2006:
- North Little Rock: Located near McCain Boulevard and the Park Hill area of North Little Rock, this site provides improved coverage to the area west of Otter Creek and north of Bryant.
- Bryant: Located in Bryant near Collegeville, the site provides improved coverage and capacity to area west of Otter Creek and north of Bryant.
- Salem: Located near Salem southwest of Little Rock, the site provides improved coverage and capacity to area west of Bryant and north of Benton.
- Benton: Located in northwest Benton, the site provides improved coverage and capacity to areas north and west of Benton and the northern section of the city.
- Benton: Located near Hurricane Lake Estates, the site provides improved coverage and capacity to areas northwest of Bryant and southwest of Little Rock.
- Bauxite: Located in Bauxite, this site provides improved coverage and capacity to areas south of Bryant and southwest of Little Rock.
- Little Rock: Located on Highway 10 in west Little Rock, this site provides improved coverage and capacity to the intersection of Interstate 430 and Highway 10.
- Brinkley: This site is located on Interstate 40 near Eden, AR, just west of Brinkley. The site provides improved coverage and capacity along Interstate 40.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 53 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.