SAN ANTONIO, TX — To stay ahead of the growing demand for its products and services, Verizon Wireless, the nation's wireless leader in customer loyalty, has opened its newest Communications Store in San Antonio. The store is located at 9123 N. Loop 1604 W, Ste 105.
Verizon Wireless will kick off the grand opening celebration on Friday, August 18, and continue with community events, discounts and giveaways throughout the weekend. Store events include:
Friday, August 18, 11 a.m.
- The Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce and the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will join Verizon Wireless to conduct a ceremonial "Wire Cutting" event at 11 a.m.
- Store manager Bob Orrison will present a HopeLine donation to Family Violence Prevention Services, Inc., in support of their ongoing commitment to preventing domestic violence in the San Antonio area
Saturday, August 19, 9 a.m. 5 p.m.
- First 10 people who activate service with V CAST Music will receive two free tickets to the sold-out Shakira concert on September 22 in San Antonio
- Shakira dance contest at 4 p.m. The winner will receive two free tickets to the sold-out Shakira concert on September 22 in San Antonio
- Meet and greet the world-famous Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders between the hours of 11:30 a.m. 1:30 p.m.
- Register to win one of 10 family four packs for the Dallas Cowboys October 15 game vs. the Houston Texans · Mix 96.1 will broadcast live from 3 p.m. 5 p.m.
- First 10 people to activate service will receive a FREE Pantech PN-215 camera phone
"Verizon Wireless provides San Antonio with the most reliable wireless network. With our new location, we have the opportunity to expand our presence in the area and offer more San Antonio residents the opportunity to experience our superior customer service as well as great services like V CAST Music," said Luis M. Cruz, region president for Verizon Wireless.
The new San Antonio store features a variety of wireless products and services including TXT Messaging, Picture Messaging, Ringback tones and Get It Now® applications, including V CAST Music, ring tones, games, productivity applications and more. At the new location, customers will find:
- Highly-trained, bilingual sales and service representatives who are committed to providing shoppers with world-class customer service
- An extensive customer service and technical support area totaling over 25 percent of the overall retail square footage · A top-of-the-line self service center featuring a bill payment kiosk
- An informational video displayed on a 40" LCD screen, providing current and prospective customers with information on the latest handsets and accessories, wireless tips, roadside assistance, customer service, the Verizon Wireless network and account management options
The new Verizon Wireless Communications Store is located at N. Loop 1604 W and Bandera and is open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Contact Bob Orrison, store manager, at 210-695-3029.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 54.8 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.