BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Fun, unique and educational are just some of the ways to describe ¡Sorpresa!, a cutting edge channel now showing on Verizon Wireless V CAST that features Spanish language content specifically for children. From game shows to cartoons ¡Sorpresa! (which means surprise) features shows that aim to both educate children and provide young Hispanics ages 2 to 12 with culturally relevant programming. One to five minute clips of six exciting ¡Sorpresa! shows are now accessible to Verizon Wireless customers with the LG VX8300 with a larger roll-out expected in the following months. ¡Sorpresa! is owned by Firestone Communications, a diversified media and communications company that has recently entered into an agreement to merge with Juniper Partners Acquisition Corporation (JNPPB.OB).
"The launching of ¡Sorpresa! Móvil on the LG VX8300 allows parents the extraordinary opportunity to provide their children with mobile entertainment that is both culturally relevant and educational. Such programming is rare in today's market and will only continue to grow in popularity," says John Harrobin, vice president of digital media for Verizon Wireless.
Leonard Firestone, CEO of Firestone Communications, Inc., the owner and operator of ¡Sorpresa! adds, "There is a tremendous demand for Spanish language content on mobile phones, and we at ¡Sorpresa! are confident that the wide range of Spanish speaking content we will provide Verizon Wireless customers will be eagerly received by the Hispanic population nationwide. Our young audience is on the move, and we want their favorite ¡Sorpresa! programs available virtually any place they go and at any time."
Some of the many programs available through the ¡Sorpresa! channel are:
- El Planeta De Remi (Puerto Rico) An interactive show in which Remi the Clown teaches kids important life lessons and how to draw through games and story telling.
- Kitty's Paradise (Japan) Translated into Spanish, this animated series features the character Kitty, a curious kitten that has fun exploring the wonderful world around her.
- ¿Sabías Que? (United States ) Original mobile content produced by ¡Sorpresa!, that provides kids with interesting educational facts about the world around them.
- Kappa Maki (Japan) A hysterical animation series featuring only music that follows the lives of Kappa Maki ( a sushi roll) and his mischievous schoolmates.
- Tienda Majica (Puerto Rico) A show that combines magic tricks, physical dexterity, trivia and lots of fun.
- Cachuereos (Chile) An interactive game show in which costumed animal characters teach kids about many things including friendship, sign language and math.
Verizon Wireless customers can subscribe to V CAST for $15.00 a month or $3.00 a day. V CAST features dozens of programs in different categories ranging from news to entertainment.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 56.7 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Firestone Communications, Inc.
Firestone is a diversified media and communications company that has recently entered into an agreement to merge with Juniper Partners Acquisition Corporation (JNPPB.OB). Firestone owns and operates ¡Sorpresa!. It also provides satellite uplink services for television network distribution, and production facilities and services for video program production. ¡Sorpresa! is a twenty four hour programming service which is available on Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, Time Warner, Verizon and The National Cable TV Cooperative. ¡Sorpresa! content and digital community is available on Firestone's website, sorpresatv.com, and through third party internet, mobile, interactive and other digital and broadband platforms, including Google Video, MSN Video, AOL Video, Akimbo and MobiTV. Based in Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX, its board of directors includes Peter Lund, former President and Chief Executive Officer, CBS Corp., Raymond K. Mason, former Chairman, President and CEO, Charter Group, and Bert A. Getz, President of Globe Development Company. Additional information is available at: www.firestoneinc.com.