BASKING RIDGE, NJ and LOS ANGELES — Verizon Wireless and Sí TV, the country's first network providing general entertainment content for America's young Latino audience, announced today the exclusive availability of two new channels on Verizon Wireless' V CAST service: "Sí TV Comedy" and "Sí TV Latino." Now, for the first time, viewers and fans of Sí TV can catch clips of their favorite Latino entertainment, lifestyle, talk, and comedy clips right in the palms of their hands. In addition to the featured clips updated every day from popular shows such as Unacceptable Behavior, The Drop and Latino Laugh Festival, Sí TV will also provide show related content made exclusively for mobile and broadband.
"We recognize that our customers want diverse programming," said John Harrobin, vice president of digital media and marketing for Verizon Wireless. "Our partnership with Sí TV enables us to provide our growing base of Latino customers with entertaining mobile content that speaks to their culture and community in English."
"Sí TV viewers are the early technology adopters who consume a lot of entertainment and information on mobile devices. V CAST offers the most compelling platform to serve our original content in 'snack' size portions," said Lisa Black, Sí TV senior vice president of digital media. "We are committed to providing unique and culturally relevant content for our audience via V CAST. Much of the programming will include original and show related clips that will enhance and complement the Sí TV television experience."
Sí TV targets the 18-34 year-old Latinos with over 60% of original programming. The network features a cross section of entertainment from music to comedy and lifestyle programs, with stars including Mario Lopez (Dancing with the Stars, Dating Factory) and Jai Rodriguez (Queer Eye, Styleyes Miami).
Content to be featured in the Sí TV Comedy Channel include Inside Joke, The Latino Laugh Festival, and the extremely popular Unacceptable Behavior.
- Inside Joke Customers can get up close and personal with some of today's hottest comedians on the set of Inside Joke, hosted by former Mad TV cast member Jill-Michele Meleán. Nominated for a 2005 Imagen award for Best Documentary Series, Inside Joke features two comedians each week and goes beyond the punch line to tell the funny, dramatic, and candid stories that helped develop these comics into some of todays most sought after talent.
- Latino Laugh Festival Hosted by Pablo Francisco, Latino Laugh Festival provides customers with cutting-edge comedy, inventive sketches, and a behind-the-scenes look at the inner-workings of a comedy club are the hallmarks of this hilarious show.
- Unacceptable Behavior - Unacceptable Behavior is a 30-minute sketch comedy show featuring an all Latino cast of nine improvisation-trained comedy actors. Produced before a live studio audience, SíTV's first fully scripted show brings together undiscovered raw talent who deliver one-of-a-kind performances of original, bold and irreverent sketches.
Programs offered in the Sí TV Latino Channel include The Drop, Dating Factory (hosted by Mario Lopez), the new undiscovered rock band series Jammin, and Flow and Tell - the new audience driven series that mixes rappers, ranters, poets and just plain folks with today's hottest music.
- The Drop- Customers can get an insider sneak-peek into today's hot Latino and urban culture on the set of The Drop. Featuring a unique video mix created by resident DJs, The Drop offers audiences live studio performances from a range of musical genres, celebrity interviews, heated MC battles, hotly contested DJ battles, and head-to-head dance competitions.
- Dating Factory - Dating Factory is the ultimate mating game and Sí TV's first dating show. Hosted by Mario Lopez, the series is a fast and fun half-hour where sexy beautiful people compete for the chance to go out on a date.
- Jammin Customers can watch a behind-the-scenes look at the dynamics of an up and coming band who's trying to get their big break. As we get to know the musicians, their friends, significant others, and musical influences, Sí TV will surprise our up and comers with a meeting with their most influential musical idol.
- Flow and Tell - Flow & Tell is an interactive music-video series with a major Web site component. Flow & Tell mixes the thoughts and opinions of "Generation Sí" viewers and intertwines them with today's hottest music videos to create a compelling interactive narrative.
To get Sí TV, Verizon Wireless customers can equip their LG VX8300 phones with a V CAST VPak subscription for $15.00 monthly access, or $3.00 daily access, added to their Verizon Wireless calling plan. The subscription includes unlimited basic video including both the Sí TV Latino and Sí TV Comedy mobile video channels but application download fees apply for 3D games and premium video. There are no airtime charges to download, stream or watch V CAST content.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 57 million customers. The largest US wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 60,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Sí TV
Sí TV is the first English-language, Latino-themed network. Connecting with 18-34 year-old viewers, Sí TV's 60% original programming slate features hip and culturally-relevant shows including the latest in entertainment, music, lifestyle, comedy and independent films. The network launched in February 2004 and is available nationwide on Dish Network and in approximately 14 million homes across the country on Cox, Comcast, Time Warner Cable, and Dish Network, among others. For more information on Sí TV, please visit www.sitv.com.