IRVINE, CA — Consumers in thirty-one more western markets in eleven states will soon be able to download full songs and stream video clips to their Verizon Wireless V CAST-enabled phones. In addition, on-the-go professionals will be able to tap into the speed, mobility and security of BroadbandAccess, allowing them mobile access to their corporate information as if attached via a high-speed wired connection. Between today and mid-January V CAST Music, V CAST video and BroadbandAccess will also debut in:
- Arizona: Douglas, Safford, Sierra Vista, Yuma
- California: Fresno
- Colorado: Ski resorts in Aspen, Breckenridge and Vail
- Idaho: Couer d'Alene, Lewiston, Moscow
- Montana: Billings, Helena, Missoula
- New Mexico: Alamogordo, Las Cruces
- Oregon: Corvallis, Eugene
- Utah: Park City, St. George
- Texas: El Paso
- Washington: Clarkston, Ellensburg, Pullman, Spokane, Tri-Cities, Wenatchee, Yakima
- Wyoming: Cheyenne, Laramie
V CAST Music, V CAST video and BroadbandAccess are now available across an expansive portion of the Verizon Wireless network in the 12 Western states. Earlier launches this year brought the services to:
- Arizona: Casa Grande, Flagstaff, Payson, Prescott, Tucson
- California: Bakersfield, Chico, Modesto, Redding, San Benito County, Stockton
- Colorado: Colorado Springs, Greeley, Pueblo
- Hawaii: Throughout the Verizon Wireless network in the state
- Idaho: Boise, Idaho Falls, Nampa, Pocatello, Twin Falls
- Nevada: Reno
- New Mexico: Albuquerque, Farmington, Gallup, Santa Fe
- Washington: Kennewick-Pasco, Le Grande, Longview, Moses Lake, Othello, Pendleton, Umatilla, Walla-Walla
V CAST Music
Available to customers with V CAST Music-enabled handsets, V CAST Music is the world's most comprehensive, over-the-air mobile music service. Customers with V CAST Music can download song tracks directly to their Verizon Wireless handsets or to PCs equipped with Windows®XP operating software. The V CAST Music on demand service includes access to a catalog of more than 1.5 million songs.
The company's high-speed network also enables its V CAST multimedia services, offering customers the ability to download full-song tracks, play cutting-edge 3D games and stream video clips straight to the handset with top transmission speeds. With content updated daily, customers can watch dozens of broadcasts, from breaking news and weather to sports highlights, the hottest entertainment clips and more.
Developed with a range of users in mind, BroadbandAccess enables large enterprises, small- to medium-sized businesses and mobile professionals to conduct business anytime, anywhere in the BroadbandAccess coverage area via a secure, true high-speed data connection.
With average access speeds of 400-700 kilobits per second (kbps), users can download a 1 Megabyte e-mail attachment the equivalent of a small PowerPoint ® presentation or a large PDF file in about 20 seconds.
In addition, several handsets have the ability to "tether" to a laptop's USB port, with an optional Mobile Office Kit. BroadbandAccess-powered PDAs offered by Verizon Wireless include the Motorola Q the Palm® Treo 700w and the Palm Treo 700p. Popular BlackBerry® options include the new 8703e, the 7250 and 7130e.
BroadbandAccess and V CAST pricing and product information is available at www.verizonwireless.com or visit a local Verizon Wireless Communications Store.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 57 million customers. The largest US wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, NJ, with 60,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.