IRVINE, CA — Residents in San Diego County, California can now make more calls, thanks to Verizon Wireless' construction of new cell sites in Carlsbad, El Cajon, Escondido, Oceanside, Poway, Rancho Bernardo, Santee and San Diego.
Network coverage and call capacity have been improved near:
- Carlsbad Near intersection of Tamarack Avenue and El Camino Real and surrounding residential area; near intersection of Loker Avenue and Palomar Airport Road and surrounding residential and business areas
- El Cajon Along Fletcher Parkway at Sharon Way and surrounding residential areas
- Escondido Downtown; along Highway 78 east of the San Diego Wild Animal Park and surrounding area; Escondido High School and surrounding area
- Oceanside Along Oceanside Boulevard and Melrose Avenue
- Poway South of Poway Road at Cobblestone Creek Road and surrounding residential area
- Rancho Bernardo Rancho Bernardo Village and surrounding area, including Oaks North Golf Course
- Santee Businesses in the Santee Village Square, Mission Gorge Square, Santee Plaza and the Santee Sheriff's Station
- San Diego Near the intersection of Goldfinch and Washington and surrounding residential area; San Diego International Airport and along Harbor between Nimitz and Grape; residential area north of Highway 905 around Picador Boulevard; residential area near intersection of Meadowbrook and Paradise Valley Road in the community of South Bay Terraces; Downtown San Diego near Front Street and Interstate 5; Westview High School and surrounding residential area
"A school nurse needs to call a child's parent A college student wants a ride home for the weekend A first responder must email her team Whatever you consider urgent, you can depend on the most reliable national wireless network thanks to our $35 billion investment in it over the past seven years," said John Palmer, regional president of Verizon Wireless.
The company's most reliable network claim is based on network studies performed by the real-life test men and test women throughout the country who inspire Verizon Wireless' national advertising. These engineers conduct more than 750,000 voice call attempts and more than four million data tests quarterly on Verizon Wireless' and other national carriers' networks while traveling over 240,000 miles quarterly in specially equipped, company-owned test vehicles.
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you'd like to schedule an interview or ride-along test drive with a local Verizon Wireless test man or woman, please contact Ken Muché at 949-286-8193 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving more than 59 million customers. The largest US wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, NJ, with 65,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.