IRVINE, CA — Residents in Riverside County, California can now make more calls, thanks to Verizon Wireless' construction of new cell sites in Cabazon, Corona, Rancho Mirage, and Mecca.
Network coverage and call capacity have been improved near:
- Cabazon Cabazon Outlet Mall, Casino Morongo Resort and along Interstate 10
- Corona Eagle Glen community
- Mecca Along Highway 111 and Highway 86S
- Murrieta - Along I-215 from Clinton Keith Road in the north to Murrieta Hot Springs Road in the south
- Palm Desert - The Del Webb neighborhood, covering north of I10 at Washington. In addition, new coverage along portions of Adam Street, Avenue 42, Country Club Road, Fred Waring Drive and Jefferson Street.
- Rancho Mirage - Area near Highway 111 and Bob Hope Boulevard, including the River Entertainment Complex
"A school nurse needs to call a child's parent A college student wants a ride home for the weekend A first responder must e-mail her team Whatever you consider urgent, you can depend on the most reliable national wireless network thanks to our $35 billion investment in it over the past seven years," said John Palmer, regional president of Verizon Wireless.
The company's most reliable network claim is based on network studies performed by the real-life test men and test women throughout the country who inspire Verizon Wireless' national advertising. These engineers conduct more than 750,000 voice call attempts and more than four million data tests quarterly on Verizon Wireless' and other national carriers' networks while traveling over 240,000 miles quarterly in specially equipped, company-owned test vehicles.NOTE TO EDITORS: If you'd like to schedule an interview or ride-along test drive with a local Verizon Wireless test man or woman, please contact Ken Muché at 949-286-8193 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving more than 59 million customers. The largest US wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 65,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.