ORLANDO, FL, BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and DALLAS, TX — Verizon Wireless, operator of the nation's most reliable wireless network, and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung) announced the new Samsung SCH-u620, the first mobile phone to support Verizon Wireless' new V CAST Mobile TV service. Available in select markets today, V CAST Mobile TV is the latest breakthrough in mobile entertainment that combines the best of TV with the mobility and functionality of a wireless device. The Samsung SCH-u620 features a vibrant two-inch QVGA 240 x 320 pixel LCD screen, a dedicated V CAST Mobile TV key and a retractable V CAST Mobile TV antenna for optimum viewing. The SCH-u620 is also a fully-loaded multimedia device, supporting V CAST Video and Music, Get It Now® applications and Mobile Web 2.0SM, and boasts stereo Bluetooth® support for enhanced audio. Key features of the SCH-u620 include:
- 1.3 megapixel digital camera with flash
- Camcorder with Video Messaging-length or full-length capabilities
- V CAST-capable
- V CAST Mobile TV check out best of television on your wireless phone
- V CAST Music download songs over the air or transfer your own music collection onto a microSD memory card
- V CAST Video and 3D Games download or stream video clips from the best names in news, sports, entertainment and more or download the latest 3D games from top providers
- Get It Now-capable download games, Ring Tones, wallpapers and more
- Mobile Web 2.0-capable customizable, enhanced wireless access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
- TXT Messaging, Picture Messaging and Video Messaging
- Advanced speech recognition with dictation
- Bluetooth wireless technology profiles for stereo headset (for music playback) as well as mono headset, hands-free, serial port, dial-up networking, and object push (for vCard only)*
- Expandable memory with microSD memory card slot
- Dimensions: 3.76" x 1.86" x .85", 3.7 ounces with standard battery
- QVGA display (240 x 320)
- Bilingual user interface: English and Spanish
- Personal organizer with calendar, calculator, to-do list, currency converter, alarm clock, world time and a stop watch
- File viewer for .doc, .xls, .ppt, .pdf, .txt, .htm and image files (like .jpeg and .bmp)
The Samsung SCH-u620 is available in select Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, including those in Circuit City, where the company's V CAST Mobile TV is available for $149.99 after $50 mail-in rebate and a new two-year customer agreement.
For more information on V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless, visit www.verizonwireless.com/mobiletv. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com.
* The SCH-u620 does not support all Bluetooth OBEX profiles. Go to www.verizonwireless.com/bluetoothchart for accessory compatibility.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving more than 59 million customers. The largest US wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 65,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets and telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsungwireless.com.
About Samsung Electronics
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2006 parent company sales of US$63.4 billion and net income of US$8.5 billion. Employing approximately 138,000 people in 124 offices in 56 countries, the company consists of five main business units: Digital Media Business, LCD Business, Semiconductor Business, Telecommunication Network Business and Digital Appliance Business. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, memory chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.