SAN DIEGO, CA, and BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Today, LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones), and Verizon Wireless, announced the release of the LG VX8700, the latest in a bevy of breakthrough handsets by the worldwide leader of CDMA devices. Available online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning April 6 and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores May 1, the LG VX8700 sports a slim, super-sexy clamshell design with a large color screen, a 2.0 megapixel camera/camcorder for easy access to V CAST Music and Video.
"The LG VX8700 is yet another handset that pushes the limits of design and function, using newer materials and finishes to give customers the option to be fashionable and practical when choosing a cellphone," said John Maron, senior director of marketing for LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. "We want our customers to be proud of their cellphones when they choose LG. To accomplish that, we must stay on top of what is stylish and hip, yet easy to use. The phone is just that. Cool."
The LG VX8700 complements its bold appearance with a full set of mobile features that consumers have come to expect from LG and Verizon Wireless. The LG VX8700's 2.0 megapixel camera and camcorder allows users to record up to one hour of consecutive video with an external memory card. From music lovers to camera-phone converts, fashion aficionados to gadget groupies, there is something for everyone in the brilliantly designed LG VX8700.
The LG VX8700 offers some of the most advanced mobile phone features today:
- V CAST-capable
- V CAST Video and 3D Games download or stream video from the best names in news, sports, entertainment and more, or download the latest 3D games from top providers
- V CAST Music download full-length songs over the air or transfer your own music collection onto removable microSDTM memory cards
- Music player that supports mp3 and WMA formats
- Music only mode
- MicroSD memory port to store music and user generated pictures, video and sounds
- USB mass storage transfer files between microSD card and PC
- Bluetooth®-capable compatible with devices that support the headset, hands-free, Serial Port (SPP), Dial Up Networking (DUN), Object Push (OPP) profile for vCard exchange and vCalendar, basic print, basic imaging, phone book access and file transfer
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (for Bluetooth stereo headset support for listening to music)
- Send contacts and calendar events via Bluetooth
- Print and send pictures via Bluetooth
- Save up to 20 Bluetooth pairings
- 2.0 megapixel camera and camcorder
- Camera Resolution: 1600x1200, 1280x960, 640x480 (default), 320x240 pixels
- Digital Zoom: up to 2 times
- Self-Timer: 3, 5 or 10 seconds
- Customizable brightness, white balance, shutter sound, color effects, night mode, photometry
- Video Resolution: 320x240, 176x144 (default) pixels
- Record up to 1 hour of video
- Video Message Mode record up to 30 seconds of video
- Image Editor zoom, rotate and crop images
- Functionality to allow videos under 5 MB to be set as wallpaper
- Get It Now®-capable download games, Ring Tones, wallpapers and more
- Mobile Web 2.0SMcapable customizable, enhanced wireless access for the latest in news, sports, weather and more
- TXT, Picture and Video Messaging-enabled send and receive messages with text, sounds and customer generated photos and videos
- Web-based e-mail and Instant Messaging
- My Account balance, minutes, usage info
- One-touch speakerphone
- Speaker-Independent voice recognition Call, Send Message, Go To, Check, Lookup, My Account
- Voice Memo Recording
- Flash user interface themes for personalization and Flash wallpapers with fun animations
- VZ NavigatorSM-capable get audible turn by turn directions and location information from the phone to more than 14 million points of interest
- Simultaneous GPS for Enhanced Location Accuracy
- Personal Tools: Calendar, Alarm Clock, World Clock, Notepad, Calculator, Ez Tip Calculator
- Speed Dial (95 entries and pre-programmed entries for voicemail, #BAL, #MIN, #PMT)
- 1,000 address book contacts with 5 numbers, 2 e-mail addresses and picture ID for each entry
- Emergency contacts enter 3 contacts and personal information in case of emergency
- Call and messaging restrictions restrict incoming or outgoing calls/messages to allow all, contacts only, or block all (except emergency calls)
- Slim, stylish design with brushed metal body and internal antenna
- Mirror-like external LCD
- TTY/TDD Support
- Hearing Aid Compatible (M4-Rating)
- Technology: CDMA
- Frequency: 1.9 GHz CDMA PCS, 800 MHz CDMA (digital dual-band)
- Data Transmission: high-speed EV-DO (where available) and 1xRTT
- Dimensions: 3.82" (h) x 1.95" (w) x 0.54" (d)
- Weight: 3.77 oz.
- Internal LCD: 262K Color TFT, 240x320 pixels, 11 lines
- External LCD: 65K Color TFT, 48x160 pixels, 3 lines
- Standard Battery: 800 mAh Li-Ion
- Usage time of up to 200 minutes, or up to 240 hours standby time
The LG VX8700 will be available on April 6 online at www.verizonwireless.com and in more than 2,200 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks. Verizon Wireless customers can purchase the LG VX8700 for $179.99 after $50 rebate with a new two-year customer agreement.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving more than 59 million customers. The largest US wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 65,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 06657.KS) is the global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications, employing more than 72,000 people working in over 120 operations including 80 subsidiaries around the world. Comprised of four business units: Mobile Communications, Digital Appliance, Digital Display and Digital Media with global sales at USD 34.7 billion (consolidated USD 43.4 billion) as of 2005, LG Electronics is the world's leading provider of CDMA handsets, residential air conditioners, plasma panels, optical storage products, DVD players and home theatre system. For more information, please visit www.lge.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is the world's leading provider of UMTS (WCDMA), CDMA and GSM handsets, which have been designed to improve the value of customer life. With a total range of wired and wireless solutions, the company is rapidly establishing a global presence and growing its international market share in 3G handsets. For more information please visit www.lgusa.com.