MERIDEN, CT — Verizon Wireless, the national wireless provider with the highest customer loyalty in the industry, today announced that several of its Connecticut employees have received the company's 'Leadership Award for Excellence.' The award recognizes employees for exceptional leadership, teamwork, and customer service at its Meriden and Wallingford Customer Contact Centers. Recipients were awarded plaques during a recent recognition event.
2007 Verizon Wireless Leadership Award for Excellence recipients:
Hartford County, CT residents:
- Erik Johnson, Continuity Marketing Operations Coordinator; for his superior data sales and work providing excellent customer experiences
- Mike Franza, Continuity Marketing Trainer; for his outstanding customer service and training support of company teams
- Jennifer Karmelowicz, Continuity Marketing Operations Coordinator; for her leadership of several customer loyalty programs
New Haven County, CT residents:
- MaryAnn Desorbo, Continuity Marketing Operations Coordinator; for numerous achievements, including support of customer service efforts
- Andrea Graichen, Resource Management Coordinator; for her support of internal customer service initiatives and enhancements
- Emilio Ferraro, Customer Service Coordinator; for his service to customers and development of process improvements across the business
- Nancy Flynn, Human Resources Consultant; for her efforts in assisting and training new team members
- Albertina Mancini, Customer Service Supervisor; for project leadership of the company's data, technical and global customer support initiatives.
- Katie Phipps, Human Resources Consultant; for her support of customer contact team members
- Neil Smith, Senior Customer Service Representative; for achieving data certification and support of team projects and programs
- Jennifer Webster, Quality Assurance Coordinator; for her support of advanced customer service training programs
Fairfield County, CT:
- Mary Amaxopoulos, Business Support Operations Coordinator; for her efforts during a recent test of billing conversion plans, ensuring a smooth transition for customers
Litchfield County, CT:
- Mark Newbery, Quality Assurance Coordinator; recognized for enhancing customer satisfaction through several process improvements
Middlesex County, CT:
- Leah Seavey, Business Support Coordinator; in recognition of outstanding customer service. She received 11 customer commendations during the second half of 2006 alone
Verizon Wireless consistently ranks as one of the best places to work in the United States. For example, for six consecutive years, Verizon Wireless has been named to both Working Mother Magazine's "100 Best Companies for Working Mothers" list, and to Training Magazine's annual list of "Top 100 Training Organizations in America." This year, the company ranked in the top 10 in the latter.
The company offers highly competitive salaries and benefits that include health care coverage that begins on the first day of employment, a 401(k) program with dollar-for-dollar matching of up to six percent of the employee's salary contribution, profit-sharing, tuition reimbursement for continuing education and long-term incentive plans. In 2006, over 180 local employees took advantage of opportunities for career advancement at the Meriden and Wallingford Customer Contact Centers.
Job requirements include one-to-two years of retail sales or service experience. A college degree is highly desirable. To learn more, interested candidates may visit the company's Web site at www.verizonwireless.com/careers.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 60.7 million customers. The largest US wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 66,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.