BASKING RIDGE, NJ and DALLAS — Verizon Wireless, the leading wireless company with the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung) today announced the Verizon Wireless GleamTM by Samsung a shiny thin clamshell with a new living wallpaper user interface will be available on Friday, October 5.
The Gleam's outside is a glossy metallic bronze and black and houses a sleek silver keypad. The new living wallpaper capability allows Verizon Wireless customers to easily see the phone's status with either a city or country view that changes with the time of day. The Gleam's other features include:
- V CAST-capable:
- V CAST Music download songs over-the-air or transfer your own compatible music collection onto removable microSD memory cards
- V CAST Video download or stream video clips from the best names in news, sports, entertainment and more
- Get It Now®-capable download games, Ringtones, wallpapers, location based services and more
- Mobile Web 2.0SM-capable customizable, enhanced wireless access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
- Instant Messaging using AIM®, MSN®, Yahoo!®
- Text, picture and video messaging
- Bluetooth® wireless technology for certain profiles (including Object Push Profile for vCard, as well as headset, hands-free, serial port and certain dial-up networking profiles, phonebook access, Bluetooth stereo support for music, basic image for sending/printing non-protected images to a compatible device, and basic print profile)
- Up to 4 GB of expandable memory with microSD memory card slot
- 240 x 320 pixel, 262K TFT color internal display and 96 x 96 pixel, 65K TFT external display
- Dimensions: 3.88" x 1.91" x .55"; 3.35 ounces with standard battery
- Bilingual user interface: English and Spanish
- TTY/TTD Capable
- Personal organizer with Calendar, Calculator, Notepad, Currency Converter, Alarm Clock, World Time and Stop Watch
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, customers can visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 62.1 million customers. The largest U.S. wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 67,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Wireless Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets and telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsungwireless.com.
About Samsung Electronics
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2005 parent company sales of US$56.7 billion and net income of US$7.5 billion. Employing approximately 128,000 people in over 90 offices in 51 countries, the company consists of five main business units: Digital Appliance Business, Digital Media Business, LCD Business, Semiconductor Business and Telecommunication Network Business. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, memory chips, mobile phones, and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.