LAS VEGAS, NV — Wireless users in southern Nevada are now experiencing increased coverage thanks to 10 new Verizon Wireless cell sites added in the third quarter.
Network coverage and call capacity have been enhanced in:
- Along east Lake Mead Pkwy. and Lake Las Vegas Pkwy. and surrounding residential area
- Along Highway 93 and west Lake Mead Pkwy. and surrounding residential area
- Near the intersection of Grand Teton and north Rainbow Boulevard in northwest Las Vegas
- Along Blue Diamond Rd. and Highway 160, and western portion of the Mountain's Edge community
- Near the intersection of south Sandhill Rd. and east Flamingo Rd.
- Along Interstate 15 and Spring Mountain and surrounding area, including Las Vegas Boulevard Mall
- Along Highway 95 and Clark County 215 Loop; surrounding residential and commercial area
- Near Highway 95 and Summerlin Pkwy. and surrounding residential and commercial area
- North Las Vegas near the intersection of North 215 and Decatur; surrounding residential and commercial area
- Along Homestead Rd. and south Game Bird Rd.; surrounding residential and commercial area
"Our expansion is tied to our commitment to provide the best possible wireless experience for customers. It's just another way of ensuring that Verizon Wireless continues to be the leader in customer loyalty,*" said Tony Heyman, regional president of Verizon Wireless.
The network expansion helps support the recent launch of Verizon Wireless newest music player phone, the Verizon Wireless Juke by Samsung. The company is also about to launch three more devices for this holiday season: The Venus by LG and The Voyager by LG, exclusive to Verizon Wireless, and the BlackBerry® Pearl smartphone.
"Whether customers are seeking a hip music phone, a device that will help them stay connected to the office, or a phone with a large external touch-screen and HTML browser, we will have it on the nation's most reliable wireless network," added Heyman.
Verizon Wireless is the only major carrier with a 30-day network test drive pledge that pays for calls if a customer isn't satisfied and switches to another carrier.
Verizon Wireless has invested nearly $260 million in its wireless network in Nevada over the past six years to stay ahead of the growth in demand for our products and services and to ensure the most reliable wireless voice and data network in the industry.
The company has invested more than $40 billion in the last seven years $5 billion on average every year since the company was formed to increase the coverage and capacity of its national network and to add new services.
For more information about Test Drive from Verizon Wireless or any products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
* Loyalty claims based upon publicly available churn (customer turnover) figures.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 63.7 million customers. The largest U.S. wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 68,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.