WALNUT CREEK, CA — Wireless users in the Bay Area are now experiencing increased coverage thanks to seven new Verizon Wireless cell sites.
Network coverage and call capacity have been improved near:
- Brentwood Southwest Brentwood; near the intersection of Concord Avenue and Fairview from Deer Valley to Fairview and surrounding area; as well as from Balfour to Marsh Creek Rd. and surrounding area
- Gilroy near the intersection of Highway 101 and Highway 25 and surrounding area, including Gavilan College; as well as near the intersection of Highway 152 and Watsonville Rd., including Gilroy Gardens
- San Francisco Sunset District and surrounding area; near the intersection of Geneva Avenue and Mission Street, and surrounding residential area
- San Ramon Along Crow Canyon Road between Shoreline and Dougherty, and surrounding area
- Union City West Union City from Highway 880 to Union City Boulevard/Dyer
"Our expansion is tied to our commitment to provide the best possible wireless experience for customers. It's just another way of ensuring that Verizon Wireless continues to be the leader in customer loyalty,*" said Rich Garwood, regional president of Verizon Wireless.
The network expansion helps support the recent launch of Verizon Wireless' newest devices for this holiday season: the Juke by Samsung; the Venus by LG and the Voyager by LG, exclusive to Verizon Wireless; and the BlackBerry® Pearl smartphone.
"Whether customers are seeking a hip music phone, a device that will help them stay connected to the office, or a phone with a large external touch-screen and HTML browser, we will have it on the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network," added Garwood. Verizon Wireless is the only major carrier with a 30-day network test drive pledge that pays for calls if a customer isn't satisfied and switches to another carrier.
Verizon Wireless has invested more than $4 billion in its wireless network in California over the past seven years to stay ahead of the growth in demand for our products and services and to ensure the most reliable network in the industry.
Verizon Wireless has invested more than $40 billion since it was formed more than $5 billion on average every year to increase the coverage and capacity of its national network and to add new services.
For more information about Test Drive from Verizon Wireless or any of our products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
* Loyalty claims based upon publicly available churn (customer turnover) figures.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 63.7 million customers. The largest U.S. wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 68,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.