BASKING RIDGE, NJ — On the heels of the announcement today that MTV Tr3s and ESPN Radio are coming exclusively to V CAST Mobile TV, the nation's leading wireless service provider released an update on its V CAST Mobile TV service. Verizon Wireless' V CAST Mobile TV service became available to consumers in March 2007; since then, the company has rolled out the service to more markets, offered innovative programming and phones, and more, including:
- V CAST Mobile TV is now available in more than 50 markets from coast to coast, including Atlanta, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. Verizon Wireless is continuing to rollout new coverage areas; for the latest information, visit www.verizonwireless.com/mobiletv.
- More than 150 broadcast-quality programs are currently available through V CAST Mobile TV.
- Today's top news and entertainment shows are available on V CAST Mobile TV, including Late Show with David Letterman (CBS Mobile), The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (COMEDY CENTRAL), The Today Show (NBC News 2GO), The Hills (MTV), and Dora the Explorer (Nickelodeon).
- In the 2007-2008 college football season, Verizon Wireless' V CAST Mobile TV service offered live coverage of some of the hottest tickets in town, including 24 college football bowl games (ESPN Mobile, CBS Mobile and FOX Mobile), as well as a variety of regular season games from the nation's top teams.
- During the spring and summer of 2007, more than 400 hours of live sports were available to V CAST Mobile TV customers, including the U.S. Open golf championship (NBC 2GO and ESPN Mobile), The Stanley Cup (NBC 2GO), men's college basketball championship games (CBS Mobile and ESPN Mobile), the Preakness Stakes (NBC 2GO), and the qualifying races for the Indianapolis 500 (ESPN Mobile).
- Four phones currently support V CAST Mobile TV, including the popular Voyager by LG, MOTORIZR Z6tv, Samsung SCH-u620, and the LG VX9400.
Ryan Hughes, vice president of digital media programming for Verizon, noted, "Since we launched V CAST Mobile TV a year ago, Verizon Wireless has been the exclusive destination to get broadcast-quality television on your phone. Our ability to deliver live programming that our customers crave is directly aligned with our overall commitment to deliver the best mobile content to our customers; our announcements with MTV and ESPN today are two more examples of how we are continuing to expand our portfolio of channels to give our customers the best in mobile content."
Gina Lombardi, president of MediaFLO USA, explained, "Our partnership with Verizon Wireless has redefined mobile entertainment, and we are incredibly proud of the milestones we have achieved together. We will continue to work together as we rollout the FLO TV service in new markets, introduce must-have new devices, and give mobile consumers the most compelling programming from the world's best media brands."
V CAST Mobile TV features full-length shows and other programming 24 hours a day from well-known entertainment brands including: CBS Mobile, ESPN Mobile TV, FOX Mobile, NBC 2GO, NBC News2GO, and MTV Networks' COMEDY CENTRAL, MTV and Nickelodeon. The programming is presented in "time block"/scheduled availability, consistent with familiar cable and satellite TV models, in both Eastern and Pacific time zones. The program guide includes date, time and program information, and allows customers to view programming details up to 48 hours in advance.
V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless is powered on the FLO TV service from MediaFLO USA Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated. Because MediaFLO USA operates a dedicated multicast network that delivers programming in a linear format, Verizon Wireless can offer customers the latest in mobile entertainment without impacting its award-winning voice and data services.
Monthly access packages for V CAST Mobile TV begin at $13 per month. For more information on V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless, including available markets, program guide and schedules, visit the V CAST Mobile TV Web site at www.verizonwireless.com/mobiletv.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 65.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.