LAS VEGAS and BASKING RIDGE, NJ — As the media descends on Pennsylvania for its April 22 primary, busy Verizon Wireless customers can stay connected to the latest primary election coverage and all of the news leading up to the big day in November with the Election 08 channel on V CAST Video. Highlights of campaign coverage, media interviews and the inevitable resulting comedy, commentary and skits and more are available on the Election 08 channel from the following news and entertainment providers:
- ABC News Now Election 08: ABC's 24/7 digital cable channel brings top headlines right to customers' phones.
- CNN Election 08: Customers can watch the latest election coverage with video clips from one of the most trusted and most honored names in news.
- COMEDY CENTRAL Election 08: "The Colbert Report" and "The Daily Show" give customers a fresh take on the race for the White House.
- Comedy Time Election 08: Jaime Foxx, comedian Dave Reintz and Comedy Time's "On The Spot" shine a comical light on the elections.
- Conan O'Brien Election 08: Election commentary from NBC's "Late Night with Conan O'Brien."
- WebCast '08 (provided by Kargo): Comprehensive 2008 presidential election coverage, ranging from candidate endorsements to weekly campaign round-ups to the latest news headlines.
- iVillage Election 08: Opinions on the election with "Street Talk" by iVillage.
- Jib Jab Election 08: Election videos from Jib Jab digital comedy network.
- MTV Election 08: MTV's Street Team '08 covers the election with video segments.
- NBC Comedy Election 08: Excerpts from monologues from the network's funny men and more.
- NBC News Election 08: NBC Mobile offers customers the latest NBC News stories plus interviews from shows such as "Meet the Press."
- Onion News Network: 24/7 coverage of the war for the White House from America's finest news service.
- PBS To the Contrary: Commentary from PBS' successful all-female news analysis series.
- SiTV Election 08: SiTV brings election coverage to the Latino community.
- Viva! Vision Election 08: Election stories, jokes and more geared toward the Latino community from AwesomeDude30 and comedian Dan Dominguez.
Customers with select V CAST-enabled phones can check out V CAST whenever they want for just $3.00 for 24-hour use or by signing up for the $15.00 V CAST VPak monthly subscription, which also includes access to Verizon Wireless' ESPN MVP, Get It Now® and Mobile Web 2.0(SM) services. Customers get unlimited basic video including the Election 08 channel on V CAST Video but application download fees apply for 3D games and premium video. There are no airtime or megabyte charges to download, stream or watch V CAST content with any V CAST subscription.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 65.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.