BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Small- and medium-sized businesses and mobile professionals who need to stay connected, whether in the office or on-the-go, now have two new e-mail options from Verizon Wireless. Hosted VZEmail Services, introduced today by the owner and operator of the nation's most reliable wireless network, provides customers with a managed e-mail solution beginning at an affordable $7.99 monthly access for a Basic plan.
Powered by Microsoft® Exchange Server, Hosted VZEmail Services from Verizon Wireless give business customers the ability to synchronize their e-mail messages automatically to their wireless device. Customers can also synchronize their calendars, contacts and tasks from their PCs to their Windows Mobile devices for quick access while away from their offices. Hosted VZEmail Services includes Verizon Wireless support so busy professionals have a free resource for technical assistance.
"Our research has shown that small businesses, entrepreneurs and professionals from an array of industries need e-mail pushed directly to their handsets so they can be responsive to their customers while out of the office," said Robert Miller, vice president of marketing from Verizon Wireless. "Hosted VZEmail Services are professional e-mail solutions that give customers options to suit their specific needs at an affordable price."
The Basic Exchange Plan supports both POP3 and IMAP e-mail protocols, includes 25 MB of storage and Outlook Web Access for $7.99 monthly access. The Premium Exchange Plan for $14.99 monthly access supports POP3 and IMAP and includes 100 MB of storage as well as the following features:
- Outlook Mobile Access Customers can use any Mobile Web(SM) device to access e-mail and PIM data. PIM data is automatically reformatted for ease of use and accessibility regardless of the kind of device the customer uses.
- Outlook Anywhere Customers can access their Hosted VZEmail remotely via the Internet without cumbersome VPNs.
- ActiveSync Allows customers the ability to configure their Windows Mobile® 6 devices to receive push e-mail.
- Outlook PC Client Customers can download a free copy of Microsoft® Outlook 2007 to their PCs with automatic updates for the lifetime of their Hosted Exchange service.
- Storage Expansion Customers have the option of expanding the size of the Hosted Exchange mailbox for $0.75 per 25 MB per month.
Hosted VZEmail Services are available to customers with existing voice and data plans through the Verizon Wireless business sales channels and online at www.verizonwireless.com/vzemail.
For more information about the Verizon Wireless products and services, business customers should contact a Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative directly at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ. Customers may visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 65.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.