BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless, the owner and operator of the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, announced that the XV6900 is available from the company's online store beginning today. It will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, including those in Circuit City, on April 30.
First unveiled during CTIA WIRELESS 2008, the Verizon Wireless XV6900 is a stylish, compact and versatile touch-screen smartphone that gives busy professionals the high-speed connectivity of the Verizon Wireless broadband network. In addition to its luxurious white package, the XV6900 includes:
- EV-DO, 1xRTT-capabilities
- Touch technology allows finger and stylus input
- Virtual, all-touch QWERTY keyboard with additional input options
- Five-way ENTER/NAVIGATION button
- 2.0 megapixel camera with auto-focus, zoom and video capture
- Built-in speakerphone
- One-touch access to e-mail, text messages, calendar appointments and contacts, weather conditions and forecasts
- Equipped with Windows Mobile® 6 Professional with access to Microsoft® Office Word Mobile, Excel® Mobile, and PowerPoint® Mobile; Adobe® Reader® LE PDF viewer
- View, edit, create Word and Excel files; view only PowerPoint and PDF files; view, extract, create Zip files
- Web browsing with Internet Explorer® Mobile
- Windows Media® Player 10
- Instant Messenger capabilities with AIM®, MSN® and Yahoo!®
- Bluetooth® v. 2.0 with support for stereo, hands-free and headset profiles
- microSD(TM) memory card slot with support up to 8 GB
- Voice command-capable
- Security locking features
- Text, picture and video messaging
- BroadbandAccess Connect-capable
- Wireless Sync-capable
- ActiveSync® (v. 4.5) and Windows Mobile Device Center®
- Support for Office Outlook Mobile and Microsoft Exchange® with Direct Push
- 256 MB ROM / 128 MB RAM
- 2.8" TFT-LCD touch-screen with LED backlight: 240 x 320 pixel; 64K color TFT
- 3.98" (l) x 2.35" (w) x 0.56" (d)
- 3.95 ounces
- Battery: 1100 mAH standard, and 1880 mAH for XT Battery
- Standard battery usage times:
- Usage: 210 minutes
- Standby: 250 hours
- XT battery usage times:
- Usage: 360 minutes
- Standby: 427 hours
- SAR: Head 1.250 W/kg; Body 0.457 W/kg
The XV6900 is available for $349.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. An additional $100 credit toward the purchase of the handset is available for customers who sign up for qualifying voice and data plans at the time of purchase.
For more information on the XV6900 and other Verizon Wireless products and services, customers may visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers should call 1-800-VZW-4BIZ or contact their Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative.
(EDITOR'S NOTE: High-resolution images of the XV6900 are available by clicking on the "Image Library" link at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia).
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 65.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.