IRVINE, CA — Wireless users in more California locations are now experiencing expanded voice and data coverage thanks to the addition of new cell sites from Verizon Wireless, the carrier with the highest customer loyalty.
The new sites improve overall coverage and call capacity for customers in and around:
- Oceanside Along Mesa Drive from El Camino Real to Old Grove Road and surrounding residential area near the El Camino High School
- Ramona Downtown Ramona and surrounding area
- San Diego
- Downtown San Diego, including Petco Park and nearby high rise condominiums
- Along Mission Boulevard and Ocean Front Walk in Mission Beach, and surrounding area, including Belmont Park
- In-building coverage for high rise condominiums and downtown San Diego, south of "Little Italy"
- Along Linda Vista Road and the southern end of the University of San Diego and residential area in Bay Park
- San Marcos To the central San Marcos area, near Highway 78
- Solana Beach Along Camino Del Mar and Coast Highway 101 and surrounding area, including Del Mar Fairgrounds
The recent expansion adds to Verizon Wireless' $4.6 billion dollar investment in California last year. Nationwide the company has invested more than $45 billion since it was formed $5.5 billion on average every year to increase the coverage and capacity of its national wireless network and to add services like BroadbandAccess, V CAST, VZ Navigator(SM), and many more.
Verizon Wireless is the most widely used brand of service in wireless. The company now serves more than 67.2 million customers nationwide. In the first quarter of 2008, the company delivered more than 58 billion text messages and completed 133 million downloads of music, videos, games, ringtones, and exclusive content, including 34.6 million video and music downloads.
"Our network expansion in California is just another example of how we invest our resources to stay ahead of demand and to make sure that our customers enjoy a superior wireless experience," said John Palmer, regional president of Verizon Wireless.
"This consistent investment is a key reason Verizon Wireless has ranked first in customer loyalty in the industry in each of the last 14 quarters.*"
Other examples of company leadership include being first to offer nationwide plans with unlimited calling and the only provider to offer a 30-day network test drive pledge that pays for calls if a customer isn't satisfied and switches to another carrier.
Verizon Wireless' reputation as the nation's most reliable wireless network is supported by industry-leading redundancy and maintenance measures. This has proven particularly valuable during natural disasters and other emergencies across the country. Standard Verizon Wireless network-reliability features include battery back-up power at all facilities as well as generators installed at all switching facilities and many cell site locations.
For more information about the company's network coverage, Test Drive from Verizon Wireless or any of our products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
* Loyalty claims based upon publicly available churn (customer turnover) figures.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 67.2 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.