BASKING RIDGE, NJ — The annual Thanksgiving travel tradition begins this week with an estimated 41 million Americans planning to travel by car, plane, bus or train this year. Verizon Wireless makes it easy for its customers on-the-go to manage their accounts and stay connected to the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network. Away from home, Verizon Wireless customers can manage their wireless accounts, pay bills, check minute and data usage, and handle wireless account details using the following services:
- Handset My Verizon: Customers can also use Handset My Verizon, a free-of-charge service on their Mobile Web-enabled handsets to check balances; check minutes, message and kilobit (data) usage; make, manage and review payments; view current plan and features; change voice mail passwords; locate a Verizon Wireless Communications Store near them; and find answers to frequently asked questions related to billing, using voice mail, roaming and traveling.
- Pay By Phone: Customers away from a computer can dial *611 + Send (airtime free) from their wireless phones or 1-800-922-0204 from any phone, select option 1 and follow the prompts to pay by check or credit card. Customers may choose to securely store payment information so they can call in each month to quickly and easily pay their bills.
- Check Balance: Customers can dial #BAL (#225) + Send (airtime free) from their wireless phones to hear the details of their last five payment transactions, including the dates of payments and total balance paid. A text message with current balance information and last payment details, including the amount paid and the date the payment was received, will automatically be sent to customers’ wireless phones.
- Check Minutes Used: Customers calling family and friends to wish them a happy Thanksgiving don’t need to worry about minutes. To hear information about minutes used, customers can dial #MIN (#646) + Send (airtime free) from their wireless phones. Customers will also receive a free text message detailing minutes used.
- Check Data Usage: To stay on top of the number of text messages sent and received since the beginning of their billing cycle, customers can dial #DATA (#3282) + Send (airtime free) from their wireless phones. Customers will also receive a free text message with usage information.
Customers staying home for the holidays or customers traveling with a laptop can also manage their accounts online using My Verizon, the company’s online account management and customer service tool. My Verizon provides customers with 24/7 online access to all their billing, payment and account-related information and offers customers the ability to view and pay bills online through the company’s Green Bill, check account balances, change addresses, track airtime usage, analyze monthly spending trends or change account features. To access and register for My Verizon, visit www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon.
In addition, traveling customers who would like to speak with Verizon Wireless representatives in-person can visit any of the 2,400 company-owned Communications Stores and kiosks from coast to coast and make changes to their account or resolve an issue, change their mobile number, change an address, or upgrade equipment.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 70.8 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 71,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.