IRVINE, CA — Wireless consumers checked out the latest 3G data services and cell phones at nine new Verizon Wireless Communications stores in southern California in 2008. The company’s nearly $7 million investment in new stores helped meet consumer demand for its award-winning network and customer service. To help deliver a world class retail experience in new and existing stores, the company held forty-two local job fairs throughout the region.
For seventeen consecutive quarters Verizon Wireless has led the industry in customer loyalty. Verizon Wireless ranked highest in four J.D. Power and Associates’ 2008 studies including:
- J.D. Power and Associates’ 2008 Wireless Retail Sales Satisfaction Study(SM), Volume 2– Verizon Wireless ranked highest in retail customer satisfaction among major wireless carrier-owned retail stores.
- J.D. Power and Associates’ 2008 Wireless Regional Customer Satisfaction Index Study(SM), Volume 2 – Verizon Wireless ranked highest in customer satisfaction for the West region.
- J.D. Power and Associates’ 2008 Wireless Customer Care Performance Study(SM), Volume 2 – Verizon Wireless received the highest ranking in the wireless industry.
- J.D. Power and Associates’ 2008 Wireless Call Quality Performance Study(SM), Volume 2 – Verizon Wireless ranked highest in the West region.
“A huge part of that success is hiring quality professionals. To attract the best employees, we offer unique benefits beyond the basics of health, dental and vision insurance,” says Verizon Wireless director of Human Resources, Christina Brysacz.
As a leading U.S. employer, Verizon Wireless has also been awarded many workplace honors, including:
- One of Working Mother magazine’s “100 Best Companies for Working Mothers” for six years in a row
- One of Health magazine’s ten U.S. employers to best help women balance their professional and personal responsibilities
- One of DiversityBusiness.com’s “50 Best Companies for Diversity”
Some of the creative benefits Verizon Wireless employees enjoy include:
- Education Reimbursement Program encourages employees to further education and helps lessen the burden of paying for school and working simultaneously
- An additional $1500 in pay to bilingual employees in key sales and customer service jobs.
- The Verizon Foundation offers education scholarships to employees’ children
For more information, please contact a Verizon Wireless representative or visit www.verizonwireless.com/careers for a full listing of open career opportunities and job fair locations.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving more than 80 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.