BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Fire up the grills and rev up the blenders: With summer upon us and the July Fourth holiday just around the corner, now is the time to start planning a backyard barbeque for friends, neighbors and family. Verizon Wireless customers have access to recipe applications and cooking videos on their wireless phones to help them plan the perfect meal.
- Food Network Everyday Chef – Get delicious recipe ideas from the Recipe Suggestion feature (available in the Media Center/Get It Now®).
- SmarterShopper – Take the stress out of shopping by finding the lowest prices from thousands of trusted stores while saving time and money (available in the Media Center/Get It Now).
- Drinktini – Perfect if you are trying to decide which drinks to provide for your summer cookout, this application includes an extensive database of more than 7,000 cocktail recipes, international specialties, forgotten favorites, new recipes each week, popular shots and user recommendations (available in the Media Center/Get It Now).
- Recipes from Top Magazine Web Sites – Use Mobile Web to access dozens of new recipes and more.
- Epicurious & Concierge.com – Epicurious on V CAST Video can help you plan the perfect gathering, gourmet style. The online home of Bon Appetit and Gourmet magazines brings culinary videos, ranging from extensive technique demonstrations to celebrity kitchen tours and interviews with famed chefs, right to your wireless phone.
Unlimited Mobile Web usage is included with a $15.00 monthly V CAST VPak subscription, which also includes access to V CAST Video, V CAST Music and Media Center/Get It Now applications. Alternatively, you can access Mobile Web for free with a Nationwide Plan but will incur usage charges of $1.99 per megabyte. Food Network Everyday Chef, SmarterShopper, and Drinktini are available for monthly subscriptions of $4.49, $2.99 and $3.49 respectively, and can be downloaded through the Media Center/Get It Now on Verizon Wireless phones. Airtime, data usage and messaging fees may apply during download and use of the application.
For more information about products and services from Verizon Wireless, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving more than 86.6 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 86,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.