GLASTONBURY, CT — Verizon Wireless has opened its newest “Evolution” Communications Store in Glastonbury, Connecticut. The store, located at 2912 Main Street, integrates a number of innovative systems and operational enhancements to streamline the sales process and increase customer satisfaction.
Verizon Wireless’ newest Communications Store is one of 830 company-owned and -operated stores nationwide that will feature Verizon Wireless’ Evolution design by year-end. The store features:
- Automated greeter kiosks where customers can check in and list their wireless needs so representatives can quickly assist them, allowing them to browse the store if there’s a wait, without losing their place in line.
- A dedicated demo zone that allows customers to explore, experiment and learn using interactive touch-screen work stations or be guided by knowledgeable sales staff.
- A broad range of Verizon Wireless products and services that are on display. Unlike most other wireless retailers, this includes more than 50 working phones, smartphones, PC cards and other wireless devices that customers can examine and use to make live test calls.
- Expert sales, customer service and technical support representatives who are available and dedicated to providing the best customer experience in wireless.
- The company’s innovative and unique sales software system: SHOPP (Streamlined Hybrid Order Processing Path), which was developed exclusively by Verizon Wireless to speed the sales process.
“This new store puts customers in the driver’s seat and allows them to experience our innovative products and services first-hand,” said district manager for Verizon Wireless, Mitch Herman. “Consumer demand for our wireless services continues to grow in Connecticut, and this new Glastonbury location reflects our ongoing commitment to make the best shopping experience in wireless even better.”
The Verizon Wireless Communications Store in Glastonbury is open Monday through Saturday 9am-9pm and Sunday 10am-6pm. The store phone number is 860-652-9970.
Verizon Wireless customers in Connecticut have the advantage when it comes to network speed, mobility and security at home, in the office and on vacation, all due to Verizon Wireless' 3G high-speed wireless broadband network. Verizon Wireless broadcasts a 3G signal from every one of its cell sites in Connecticut, allowing customers to wirelessly access and download data and multimedia content at broadband speeds.
The company's Mobile Broadband service provides average download speeds of 600 kilobits per second (kbps) to 1.4 megabits per second and average upload speeds of 500-800 kbps. That translates to downloading a 1 Megabyte e-mail attachment - the equivalent of a small PowerPoint® presentation or a large PDF file - in about eight seconds and sending the same-sized file in less than 13 seconds.
"Verizon Wireless' 3G network coverage across New England is unparalleled," said director for Network System Performance for Verizon Wireless, Richard Enright. "We've invested billions of dollars into our New England network, believing that even the most sophisticated cell phone is only as good as the network it runs on. Our continued, aggressive network investments provide customers with a 3G network advantage at home and at the shore."
The company has invested more than $50 billion since its inception to increase the wireless voice and data coverage of its national network and to add new 3G services like Mobile Broadband and V CAST. Regionally the company has invested more than $2.4 billion into its New England network over the past nine years, including $240 million in 2008 alone.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com.
Editor’s Note: Broadcast-quality video and high resolution images of Verizon Wireless’ Evolution Store design are available in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving more than 86.6 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 86,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.