BASKING RIDGE, NJ — The new BlackBerry® Tour™ smartphone from Verizon Wireless is part of an extensive lineup of smartphones, available to customers at an array of price points that fit every budget and lifestyle. Because every Verizon Wireless smartphone runs on the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless voice and data network, customers can place and receive calls, send messages and access the Internet in more places from coast to coast.
Business professionals and consumers – be it the mom who has to juggle after-school schedules for her kids; the college student who needs to e-mail his professor; or the couple who wants to share their travel experiences with family members around the globe – will find a smartphone that matches their lifestyles. Verizon Wireless smartphones offer:
- Global Capabilities – A smartphone from Verizon Wireless with global capabilities allows customers to access their e-mails and corporate data in more than 180 destinations and place voice calls in more than 220 destinations. Global devices include the BlackBerry Tour, BlackBerry® Storm™ smartphone, HTC Ozone™, Samsung Saga™ and the BlackBerry® 8830 World Edition smartphone in Silver.
- Touch Screen – Customers can choose from a number of touch screen smartphones, including the world’s first “clickable” touch screen on the BlackBerry Storm. Other touch screen smartphones include the Verizon Wireless XV6900, Samsung Omnia™, Samsung Saga, HTC Touch Diamond™ and the HTC Touch Pro™.
- Access to Verizon Wireless Services – Only Verizon Wireless smartphones offer the company’s signature services, such as turn-by-turn directions with VZ Navigator(SM), Visual Voice Mail that can prioritize messages, and V CAST Music with Rhapsody’s library of millions of songs to download and enjoy. Most smartphones also can be tethered to notebook computers, turning a Verizon Wireless smartphone into a modem to access the wireless leader’s Mobile Broadband network.
- Selection of Operating Systems – Customers can also choose a smartphone that runs their preferred platform: Windows® Mobile or BlackBerry®.
- WiFi – Customers wanting the option of using WiFi will find that Verizon Wireless has a selection of smartphones that can run on the nation’s most reliable network and are also WiFi-capable.
Verizon Wireless’ ongoing investments and enhancements of its network ensure smartphone customers can stay connected from coast to coast. The company has invested more than $50 billion since it was formed in 2000 – $5.5 billion on average every year. In each of the last four years, Verizon Wireless invested $6.5 billion or more to expand and advance its network.
Pricing for Verizon Wireless smartphones begins at $9.99 with the Verizon Wireless XV6900 (while supplies last), with models such as the new BlackBerry Tour available for $199.99 after a $70 mail-in rebate on a new two-year customer agreement on voice plan with e-mail feature or e-mail plan. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted. Email and Web plans for smartphones begin at $29.99 monthly access when added to any Nationwide voice plan.
Customers can select from these Verizon Wireless smartphones:
- HTC Ozone
- Verizon Wireless XV6900
- Motorola MOTO Q™ 9m
- Verizon Wireless SMT5800
- Samsung Saga
- Samsung Omnia
- HTC Touch Diamond
- HTC Touch Pro
- BlackBerry® 8703e
- BlackBerry 8830 World Edition smartphone
- BlackBerry® Curve™ 8330 smartphone in Pink and Silver
- BlackBerry® Pearl™ Flip 8230 smartphone
- BlackBerry Storm smartphone
- BlackBerry Tour smartphone(with and without a camera)
For information on smartphones from Verizon Wireless and voice and data plans, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers may contact their Business Sales Representatives at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.