BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and SAN JOSE, CA — Today at the Verizon Developer Community (VDC) Conference taking place in Silicon Valley, Verizon announced members of its inaugural Verizon Developer Advisory Board.
Verizon recognizes the wireless future will be built on collaboration. The Verizon Developer Advisory Board, comprised of 11 member companies representing developers both large and small, is a forum designed to provide valuable feedback about how the VDC and the Verizon applications store are built and will evolve, as well as to foster a productive and innovative developer ecosystem.
Open, ongoing and honest dialogue among and from the Verizon Developer Advisory Board will encourage Verizon and others to build successful businesses and to advance mobile applications and content development. Inaugural Verizon Developer Advisory Board members include:
- Capcom Interactive (Osaka, Japan): Manabu Seko, head of studio of the Americas and EMEA, and Matt Gillis, executive vice president of publishing
- EA Mobile (Los Angeles): Adam Sussman, vice president of global publishing, and Farshid Almassizadeh, vice president of worldwide operations
- Gameloft (Paris): Baudouin Corman, vice president of publishing of the Americas, business, and Samir El Agili, head of North American production
- Gravity Mobile (San Francisco): Noah Hurwitz, executive director, and Sam Trychin, head of engineering
- iSkoot (San Francisco): Jacob Guedalia, president and chief operating officer
- Networks In Motion (Orange County, Calif.): Stephen G. Petilli, chairman of the board/executive vice president of business development, and Michael A. Sheha, chief technology officer and co-founder
- PacketVideo (San Diego): James C. Brailean, chief executive officer, and Osama Alshaykh, chief technology officer
- Siri (San Jose, Calif.): Dag Kittlaus, co-founder and chief executive officer
- Slacker (San Diego): Dennis Mudd, chief executive officer, and Jim Cady, president
- Tribal Tech (San Mateo, Calif.): Jeff Martin, founder
- Zed Group (Denver): Brian Casazza, chief executive officer (United States), and Nick Becker, chief technology officer (United States)
The Mobile Future
The formation of the Verizon Developer Advisory Board and the VDC Conference will enable Verizon, together with the developer community, to quickly identify, prioritize and act on opportunities to drive innovation; provide customers new choices; and quickly expand the wireless market. Through the wireless leader’s open development program, Verizon Wireless has certified more than 50 devices for use on its network. Earlier this year, Verizon Wireless offered developers technical specifications for devices that will run on recently-acquired 700 MHz C-block spectrum where its 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) network will operate.
Watch the Conference via Webcast
Today’s morning sessions feature speakers from Verizon, RIM, Softbank Mobile, and several developer partners and will be webcast live beginning at 9:30 a.m. PT / 12:30 p.m. ET. Afternoon deep-dive sessions will be videotaped and available for viewing on the Web site shortly after the conference concludes. Developers can find all VDC Conference information, including how to register for the live webcast, at www.vdc2009.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.