BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless and ZTE USA introduce the AD3700, a Mobile Broadband USB modem with global connectivity. The consumer-friendly AD3700 gives customers access to high-speed networks in more than 175 destinations including Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO), Global System for Mobile communications (GSM)/General Packet Radio Service (GPRS)/Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution (EDGE) and High Speed Packet Access (HSPA)/Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) wireless platforms.
- Runs on Verizon Wireless’ high-speed network, which uses EV-DO Revision A (Rev. A) technology
- Includes VZAccess Manager software for easy connection management and automatic installation
- Swivel hinge USB
- Windows Vista/XP/2000 Operating System compatibility
- USB 2.0 high-speed interface
- Weight of 1.6 ounces
- 3.1”(H) x 1.7”(W) x 0.5”(D)
- Ideal for individuals and organizations to stay connected while traveling.
- Users simply activate the global feature on their Verizon Wireless account and the AD3700 automatically detects the local network and connects to the fastest Internet speed available from almost anywhere in the world.
Price and availability:
- The USB modem is $79.99 after a $50.00 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a Mobile Broadband plan. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- The AD3700 will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on Aug. 14. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers may contact a Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative directly at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the AD3700 in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.