BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and SCHAUMBURG, IL — Verizon Wireless and Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today announced the Motorola Barrage. This rugged device sports a tough-as-nails exterior. Designed to be submersible for up to 30 minutes in one meter of water, it is constructed from chrome, glass, mesh and rubber protecting it against blowing rain, humidity, solar radiation, high and low temperatures, blowing dust, salt fog, altitude, shock, vibration and transit drop. The Motorola Barrage also features a best-in-class Push to Talk capability for quick conversations as well as exclusive Verizon Wireless multimedia and entertainment services so customers never have to rough it, even when they're using the device in rough environments.
- Mil Spec certified for extra strength and protection from blowing rain, humidity, solar radiation, high and low temperatures, blowing dust, salt fog, altitude, shock, vibration and transit drop
- Waterproof when submerged in up to one meter of water for up to 30 minutes
- Push to Talk features for fast, clear and reliable calls and chirps
- Large battery that packs 1170 mAH for extended talk time
- 2.0 megapixel camera and camcorder
- Dual speakers for high quality audio to cut through noise
- Premium services from Verizon Wireless, including VZ Navigator(SM), V CAST Music with Rhapsody and V CAST Video on Demand
- Access to Verizon Wireless' Push to Talk service that leverages the company's Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) Revision A (Rev. A) network to provide customers with fast two-way communication to get their jobs done quickly and efficiently
Price and availability:
- The Motorola Barrage will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in business sales channels beginning Oct.1 for $129.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. It will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning Nov. 16. A non-camera version of the phone will be available for order on Oct. 21. Customers will receive the mail-in rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Verizon Wireless customers can add Unlimited Push to Talk for $5 per month per line to any qualifying Nationwide voice plan.
(EDITOR'S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the Motorola Barrage in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
Motorola is known around the world for innovation in communications and is focused on advancing the way the world connects. From broadband communications infrastructure, enterprise mobility and public safety solutions to high-definition video and mobile devices, Motorola is leading the next wave of innovations that enable people, enterprises and governments to be more connected and more mobile. Motorola (NYSE: MOT) had sales of US $30.1 billion in 2008. For more information, please visit www.motorola.com.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © Motorola, Inc. 2009. All rights reserved.