BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Whether you're a graphic designer running a home-based business or the owner of a local manufacturing plant, Verizon Wireless small business customers can save time and increase revenues with the highly acclaimed DROID by Motorola. Its high-speed Web browsing; voice-activated search; brilliant, large touch screen; plus access to thousands of applications on the nation's largest and most reliable wireless 3G network combine to make the DROID a sophisticated tool for small business customers in any industry.
Business professionals can leverage innovative features and applications on the DROID by Motorola to improve the way they do business. Here are a few of the many options:
- Save time and money while multitasking View calendars, set up meetings, or search Google to access information, all while on a call with a client or vendor.
- Experience exceptional mobile Web browsing Impress prospective clients by using the speedy access to the Internet to quickly pull up a company Web site, customer testimonials or videos with product demonstrations.
- Stay connected with optimized communications Manage e-mail while away from the office with integrated Gmail and Exchange e-mail pushed directly to the DROID by Motorola. With the Android notification panel, customers can go directly to the message or ignore it and get back to the task at hand.
- Timely response to customers Visual Voice Mail capabilities, preloaded on the DROID by Motorola, let business professionals see who is calling so they can get back to important clients quickly.
- Get directions on the road Use the DROID by Motorola while traveling for business or getting around town. The phone's voice-activated dialing lets customers speak their desired destination to get Google Maps navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions. Customers can purchase a vehicle mount for the DROID by Motorola for $29.99 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores or online at www.verizonwireless.com for easy, hands-free use in the car.
- Use thousands of applications for business Android Market on the DROID by Motorola lets small business customers browse and download a host of applications that can help their businesses. Make life easier for on-the-go small business professionals with the following applications:
- DocumentsToGo by DataViz Edit Microsoft Office documents and access PDFs
- FlightStats Track the status of flights
- Mobile Banking by Bank of America Check balances, transfer funds and pay bills
- USA Today and AP Mobile Stay up to date on news that matters to your business
- NYC Subway Map Get help navigating New York City's subway system
- Tag-ToDo-List Manage your to-do list creatively
- Hotels Near Me Find and book hotel rooms when traveling
- WHERE When traveling on business, find out what is nearby (restaurants, gas stations, coffee shops, etc.)
The DROID by Motorola is available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement after a $100 mail-in rebate. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted. To get the most from the DROID by Motorola smartphone, customers will need to subscribe to a Nationwide voice plan and an Email and Web for Smartphone plan. Nationwide voice plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access for 450 minutes and an Email and Web for Smartphone plan is $29.99 for monthly access. Small business customers can experience the DROID by Motorola at www.droiddoes.com.
For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving 89 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NASDAQ and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.