BASKING RIDGE, NJ — With spring training in full swing in Arizona and Florida, baseball fans can hit one out of the park with applications found on Verizon Wireless phones, running on the nation's largest and most reliable wireless voice and 3G data network.
Get a Jump on the Season
Taking a last-minute road trip to spring training? Available on Palm® Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus, the Palm App Catalog offers Verizon Wireless customers a way to stay entertained during the trek to the Grand Canyon or Sunshine states.
- Baseball Fans This $3.99 app gives customers access to the latest news, videos, stats, standings and scores for all 30 professional baseball teams so they can catch up on their favorites on the way to spring training sites.
- License Plate Game This multi-player classic road trip game ($1.49) entertains users as they travel the highways to Florida and Arizona by keeping track of the different license plates that they see while riding as a passenger in a vehicle. Verizon Wireless reminds customers that they should never use data services or apps while they are driving. Please visit http://aboutus.vzw.com/wirelessissues/driving.html for more information about Responsible Driving.
- GoodFood Restaurants Near You This free app has an interactive map so users can view restaurants nearby, which they can filter by cuisine or price to find the best place to eat during their trip.
Share the Spring Training Experience
Apps found in the Media Center/Get it Now®, available on 3G Multimedia Phones and Simple Feature Phones such as the LG enV®3, LG VX8360 and Samsung Trance, give hardcore fans at spring training ways to keep family and friends up to speed on their activities.
- Photobucket Mobile Uploader This $2.99 app automatically saves every action shot and fan photo directly to customers' Photobucket accounts so they can share their spring training experiences with fellow fans near and far.
- FOX Sports Ultimate This downloadable sports experience, available for $4.99, features live play by play, breaking news, scores and stats. Fantasy baseball updates also let users keep track of their teams and make trades while checking out the new and veteran talent during spring training.
- WeatherBug Rain delays don't always have to ruin the day. For a $2.99 subscription, users can always be informed and prepared with live local weather, severe weather alerts, detailed forecasts and international weather, giving baseball lovers plenty of time to make other plans if games are cancelled.
Find Entertainment After the Games
Whether celebrating a win or complaining about a loss, apps in Android Market on DROID by Motorola help customers find the best post-game entertainment and plan the rest of their time at spring training.
- Pro Baseball Live When the final strike has been called and the stands have emptied, customers can relive the games with live play by play on the free Pro Baseball Live app. They can also view the latest standings, easily keep track of their favorite teams, and connect to their Facebook® and Google accounts to chat with other fans.
- Bars & Clubs This free app gives customers turn-by-turn directions to the nearest bars, which they can filter by category, including sports bars, and distance. With so many superstar coaches and players exploring spring training cities, there may even be a chance to buy a drink for a favorite baseball legend.
- HotelsByMe Hotels & Hotel Reservations Fans who decide to stay an extra night to take in even more spring training action can use the free HotelsByMe app, which allows customers to find and book hotel properties with real-time search for availability and rates and a secure and fast booking process.
- Sixt Rent a Car Need a last-minute rental car to get around Arizona or Florida? The free Sixt Rent a Car application provides one-click access to local Sixt stations and reservation confirmation via SMS or e-mail.
To purchase any of the devices mentioned or for more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 91 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NASDAQ and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.