BURBANK, IL — To better serve its customers in Burbank, Verizon Wireless has opened a new, state-of-the-art Communications Store at 7854 S. Cicero Ave. This Verizon Wireless location offers consumers a high-tech, hands-on experience, providing them with the latest and most innovative products and services.
Ed Washington of Plainfield has been named store manager and will oversee a group of 10 employees, including bilingual-Spanish speaking employees to better assist customers with their wireless needs.
“Wireless technology is ever evolving and consumers are more in-tune with the industry than ever before,” said T.J. Fox, president – Illinois/Wisconsin Region, Verizon Wireless. “This new location and creative store design puts customers in the driver’s seat and enables them to experience our latest technology firsthand – a shopping experience currently not offered by any other wireless provider.”
About the New Communications Store
The 3,300-square-foot store showcases a highly interactive retail concept, and its design integrates a number of systems and operational enhancements devised to streamline the sales process and increase customer satisfaction. Among the new store’s features are:
- Oversized high-definition plasma screens showcasing the latest wireless multimedia applications such as V CAST and Get It Now®.
- A bright, open Demo Bar where customer interaction is guided by a product-savvy sales staff, and where customers can get a sense of the look and feel of a broad range of equipment and services.
- More than 50 working models of handsets, air cards and other devices for customers to handle and test.
- A Greeter Kiosk that enables customers to check in electronically before browsing the store and then talk with a representative who will already have their account background and reason for visiting the store keyed up on the customer-service computer.
- A Bill Payment Kiosk that enables customers to pay their bills quickly and easily using checks, cash or credit/debit cards.
- Customer Service and Technical Support departments that make it easy for customers to get account information and service and address technical issues from the trained in-store staff.
The Verizon Wireless Communications Store in Burbank is open Monday through Saturday 9 a.m. – 8 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. The store’s phone number is 708-346-6115.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 91 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.