BASKING RIDGE, NJ — As graduates prepare to step out of university halls, Verizon Wireless 3G Smartphones and Android devices – with 38,000 apps in Android Market™ – help them transition to the real world, all on the nation’s most reliable wireless network.
Apps in Android Market give graduates in the Class of 2010 the advantage they need to get a head start on the future.
- Career Starters: LinkUp Inc.’s Job Search Engine delivers job listings directly from company websites to customers’ Android smartphones. The app keeps them organized with search history, e-mail job alerts and RSS access to favorite opportunities.
- Apartment Hunters: The market moves fast, so grads will want to stay on top of listings on the go with CraigsNotifica craigslist. Whether they are looking for a new apartment or trying to sell dorm room furniture, this app keeps them up to date on all offers.
- Budget Crunchers: Planning a budget is simple with the app Easy Envelope Budget Aid. Grads can monitor daily, weekly and monthly spending, so they can cover all expenses, including student loans. The Student Loan Calculator is a tool for loan consolidation, providing a summary of monthly payments, including total interest and payments, to keep them on track.
- Networkers: Contacts GroupU allows social graduates to plan post-grad meet ups in an instant. The app, available for $3.99, integrates seamlessly with the device’s built-in phonebook, allowing grads to create groups, so they can send one text or e-mail inviting friends all at once.
Whether using their Verizon Wireless 3G Smartphones to schedule job interviews or stay in touch with college roommates, Verizon Wireless offers graduates a choice of great tools to stay connected.
- Graduates that never want to lose sight of favorite friends can keep their memories clear with DROID Incredible by HTC. The 8 megapixel camera takes great photos that can be quickly retrieved thanks to Qualcomm’s 1 GHz superfast Snapdragon™ processor. DROID Incredible by HTC is available for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate debit card with a new two-year customer agreement on a voice plan with a data package of $29.99 or higher.
- KIN ONE and KIN TWO offer social networkers KIN Loop, which delivers feeds from leading Microsoft and third-party services, such as Facebook®, MySpace and Twitter, automatically to the device’s home screen. KIN ONE is available for $49.99, and KIN TWO is available for $99.99, both after a $100 mail-in rebate debit card with a new two-year customer agreement on a voice plan with a data package of $29.99 or higher.
- For the post-graduation traveler, Palm® Pixi™ Plus comes travel-ready with a built-in 3G Mobile Hotspot. The Palm Pixi Plus is available online at www.verizonwireless.com for no charge (after $29.99 online discount) with a new two-year customer agreement on a voice plan with a data package of $29.99 or higher.
No matter where the future takes grads, these tools make it easy for them to stay connected to their pasts.
Verizon Wireless has graduates covered with the largest and most reliable 3G network coverage area in the United States. View a map of 3G coverage comparisons here.
Verizon Wireless was also recently recognized by Experience, Inc., as one of the “Best Places to Work for Recent Grads.” The listing of the top 20 employers from across the country recognized Verizon Wireless for the company’s excellence in recruiting, hiring and retaining young professionals. Learn more about working for Verizon Wireless at www.verizonwireless.com/careers.
For more information about products and services from Verizon Wireless, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving nearly 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 81,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.